Tuesday, March 2, 2010

All That Glitters is not Gold


All That Glitters is not Gold

OK, y'all...I haven't just been giving away the bling. I've been receiving it, as well. I won the neatest little trinket over at Designing DNA & I've just got to brag a tad.

I have to tell you~teachers just don't have accessories like this! DDNA gifted me with an Oleg Cassini Pink Crystal Paperweight. Isn't it a gem?

The trick now, I guess, is to clear off the old teacher's desk in Room 215. Wouldn't want to mar this sparkling beauty with all the flotsam & jetsam of teaching, now, would we?

Please visit Herself at Designing DNA~this stylish design blog is such a fun place to hang out! And while you're there, tell her Mrs. Scribe sent you.

As long as we're in congratulatory mode, I'd like to say a great big "THANKS!" to all who came by over the weekend to help me celebrate my 2nd blogoversary. And I know you're just dying to know the winner of the caption contest & the $50 Target Gift Card.

Cue the drumroll, please...and send The Dept. of Nance felicidades on this winning caption. One gem among many!

I'm in a Slump

"Is it the Washington Monument's Birthday, too?"

Thanks to all who participated in our Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. And Nance, please be a dear & send me your contact info, so I can get you your prize, tout de suite!

Oh, I just love a good party, don't you?

18 comments:

{ Persis Shah } said...

Congratulations on winning that paper weight...I'm sure it will bring a lil bling-bling to your desk.

Hoper you are doing well...

~Persis.
http://onestylemile.blogspot.com/

quilly said...

Lovely trinket, and that's the capton I wanted to win. Several were good, but that one made me laugh out loud. Congrats, Nance!

And speaking of gift cards, did I tell you that mine arrived and say thank you? Thank you.

Alicia said...

oh my gosh that is an awesome paperweight!! its SO pretty! and that caption was awesome :) congrats to the winner!!!

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

That' great! Congrats on winning that paper wigh.
Have a great day!
Bettty xx

BLOGitse said...

That's beautiful!
Your desk will look very stylish that on... :)

BLOGitse

Hootin' Anni said...

congrats to the winner. And your Tuesday photo is just stunning!! Wow...what a gorgeous paperweight.

MY R T - A Ruby Ship's Bollard

Have a super, great Tuesday!!

singedwingangel said...

OH I love that paper weight. Where did you find that pic that is too cute and so something I could absolutely see my mom doing at one time.. No candles no problem we'll just put this big one out of the candle holders in it and no one will be the wiser lol

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

That is some serious bling! I WANT THAT PAPERWEIGHT!

Great caption, Nance! Congrats :D I totally drew a blank on that one.

Jayde said...

Congrats to you and congrats to your winner also!

Allyson said...

Y'know EVERY girl needs something sparkly on their desk...ESPECIALLY something pink and sparkly! Congrats on that gem! I'm so glad you've lasted so long in blogosphere. I would be incredibly sad if you suddenly went away. And if you hadn't stuck around so long, I most likely would have missed the awesome of The Scholastic Scribe...NOT awesome. I didn't participate in the picture titling because, honestly, I'm embarrassingly bad at that sort of thing. But 3 cheers and a toast to your winner. That WAS awesome!! Happy Bloggiversary!!

Andrea said...

That's a great caption! I have one of those paperweights! My daughter gave it to me for my birthday! So cute!

MaryRC said...

Nice bling! Love the winner's caption! Very cute!

Susie said...

Great winner pick!! That was awesome:-)

Nance said...

Holy Crap! I know this sounds cliche, but...I NEVER WIN ANYTHING!

Thanks, and thanks for everyone's kind words.

(I still can't get over how much hair that kid has at such a young age!)

Melissa B. said...

For those of you who asked, or who don't remember, the kid with the gigendous candle for his first birthday cake is Mr. Fairway, my hubs. And yes, he did have a lot of hair. No more, though. We call him "Cue Ball" now!

miss jo said...

I'm jealous of your bling....Love Designing DNA. Tx !

Herself said...

Hi M,

I'm WAY behind my visitations, but thrilled to see you mentioning your sparkly, orange sized, pink bit of heaven! I myself want one!

Kaffeine Addict said...

Thats beautiful - congrats

gold is so over rated I reckon xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin