Sunday, February 14, 2010

Somebody, Quick: Call 911!


It's an Emergency!

OK, I'm pretty sure that most of y'all are just as sick of reading about our copious snow amounts as I am writing about them. But I had to get this one last priceless shot in before I bid adieu to the mess we've called, alternately, The Blizzard of 2010 & Blizzard Redux.

Just yesterday, one of the weather dudes tried calling our Snowpocalypse The St. Valentine's Day Massacre. Whatever. I think the rule for these yahoos is that they need to have nice hair, but they don't necessarily have to be clever.

Y'all know what to do now, correctamundo? The rules of Mrs. Scribe's Silly Sunday Sweepstakes are easy as pie. Just take a gander at this Superior Snap. Then, conjur a caption for said snap & tippy-type it, real quick-like, in the comments section of this post.

And that's all there is to it, Scribe Fans! Of course, you'll win nothing tangible for all your toil & trouble. Just the knowledge that you made a whole herd of us giggle. And what could be better than that?

No more snow tomorrow, I promise. Unless they close the schools again because of the white stuff, which is in the forecast, natch. But I'm not going there, y'all. And neither should you. Remember...We're not in Kansas anymore!

20 comments:

CelticLady said...

Blog surfing!! I love it! I would be the first in line...:)

quilly said...

Melissa, if you had pushed that button instead of photographing it, you might have stopped the snow before it reached critical mass!

BLOGitse said...

LOL! quilly said it!
Have a relaxing Sunday...

In Cairo we suddenly got HOT weather, +29C (84.2F)!

BLOGitse

Tara R. said...

I don't think the Emergency measures are working.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours.

TeachJ said...

At least it wasn't Zombies.

(Couldn't help it, just watched Woody Harrelson in Zombieland - great for a snow day.)

Bilbo said...

If I can just stretch a little more...a little more...drat!

June Freaking Cleaver said...

Local meteorologists refused to push the emergency stop button during the last snow storm - they were hellbent on increasing their TV air time.

Crazy egomaniacs!

Susie said...

Hit it! Hit it now and stop the madness!!

miss jo said...

I think you may have to push the eject button to propel you over some of those piles, which will not doubt be the last to melt. Isn't it almost Cherry Blossom season out your way ?

Tracy P. said...

Someone needs to show the snow plow crew how to be proactive instead of reactive.

Alyssa said...

You know it's bad when even the kids don't want any more.

The Redhead Riter said...

I love reading about the snow. I can't get enough of it. I wish I lived in Colorado LOL

Happy Valentine's Day!
Come and view my note to you...
http://theredheadriter.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-spy-valentines-day.html

Vodka Logic said...

Apparently the snow can't read

Quasi Serendipita said...

I just can't get over how much snow you've got!

shraddha said...

oh my that is toooo much snow..



i just passed on an award to you...hope you like it!!!

Lucy said...

Wow, you guys have a lot of snow!

Drop by my blog for a special Valentine's Day treat!

Tracie said...

For the love of God, somebody hit it before the latest storm hits my town!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Who knew the answer to all the world's problems was actually in DC? (lol - love the pic!)

lovemylevi said...

Following from the Friday Follow! Hope to see you at http://luvsjurn3.blogspot.com soon!

Sarah said...

timber!!!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin