Sunday, February 7, 2010

Grandpa & Jackie's Excellent Adventure

St. Roman Snow Team

THIS JUST IN...We welcomed a blizzard of mammoth proportions yesterday, which brought us downed power lines, freezing temps & 26 inches of snow! One for the record books, my friends! We live on a cul-de-sac & several years ago the 5 families purchased a snowblower. We call ourselves "The Saint Roman Snow Team," after the name of our street, & have T-Shirts to show for all our snow-removal expertise. Above, one of our newer team members tests his mettle against the elements. For the record, the sky started emitting snowflakes at 10 a.m. on Friday; the mess finally concluded with a spectacular sunset at about 6 p.m. yesterday.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...


First Big Snow

Meet Jackie. She turns 1 this month. Her Grandpa thought taking her for a scoot around the newly plowed neighborhood would be a treat...

I'm Not Sure...

Looking a tad tentative there, aren't ya, Jackie? Well, it's cold out & frozen white stuff keeps blowing in your face...

...I Like This Very Much!

Looks like our Excellent Adventure is a no-go, Grandpa! Take me back inside this instant! Quick question: Do toddlers drink hot cocoa?

You know what to do, Scribe Fans, correctamundo? Take a gander at these Superior Snaps & conjur a caption~for one or for all 4 if that's your dealy-0. Tippy-type said caption(s) right here, in the comments section of this post. And that's all there is to it!

Everyone who participates in Mrs. Scribe's Silly Sunday Sweepstakes will win nothing tangible, this time around, for all their toil & trouble. Just the knowledge that you've given all of us a good giggle. And what could be better than that?

Oh & 1 more thing: Looks like the schools might be closed for a day or 2. Yup, we may just be schooling our cherubs 'til August! Who knows? Some "educators" believe that year-'round school is a good thing, oui?

24 comments:

Melissa aka Equidae said...

Oh gosh but you know I'd love to live for a few days in such conditions just to experience it :) my boy turned one 21 Jan :)

quilly said...

#3 -- this isn't a caption, just an observation, if looks could kill we wouldn't be reading this post.

Kimberly said...

Snow! I remember Snow!

CARMEN said...

if nothing special has to be done,
winter is wonderful! but if you have to work, then you are making big problems. Winter holiday it's like a fairytale.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/sch%2525C3%2525B6ne%20gr%2525C3%2525BCsse/BlackBeatHoney/l_gruesse_0130.jpg

Vodka Logic said...

Picture 4

I thought this ride came with a snack and drink.

Libby said...

#1 - How long do I have to sit here before you put that camera down?

#3 - Feeding me treats does nothing for my self esteem!

The Mommyologist said...

I still cannot believe all that snow!

That last photo is just priceless!

Katherine said...

That's so awesome that everyone in your cul-de-sac chipped in for a snow blower! I need to get me a neighbourhood like that!

It hasn't snowed here in a week or so but it's -16C (2F) so I'm thinking it's an indoor day today!

blueviolet said...

You are so smart for having a neighborhood machine! So much less expensive! The brilliance astounds me!

Susie said...

I got 101 fever but nothing on your great photos today. Good luck digging out:-(

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What an adventure! You got so much snow! Thanks for stopping by.

danita said...

i agree-- this is the advent of year round schooling!

Midday Escapades said...

26 inches of snow is a whole lot. I think it's so cool ya'll pitched in for the snowblower. Such cute pics of the excellent adventure.

Sarah said...

what do you mean i can't eat the snow? i want to eat it. i want to eat it!

knit1kids4 said...

Wow - that is a ton of snow. We got just over a foot and are loving it.

cat said...

That is just so much snow! (well, for us all snow is a lot)

Ioana said...

we NEVER have days off from school because of the snow.
we NEVER have days off from school for any reason.
we are doomed to go to school, just like the initial plan.

and I wanna hug that little girl. on a second thought, i'll just admire her cuteness from this side of the screen, cause i am not sure how she will take it:) she is as cute as pie:)

paulandrewrussell said...

It would appear we're luckier than you Melissa. Our roads are now clear for the most part. However, the driveways and everything else are piled high with the white stuff. Roll on spring. :-)

Fierce said...

Pic #4: She asked Santa for a loveable sled-puller; she meant a dog, she got her grandfather. Bad Santa!

Mommie Daze (Colleen) said...

OK I live in West Michigan, and for once the snow missed us. But I feel your pain. And the idea of sharing a snow blower with you neighbors is genius. This is the second post I've read tonight about little ones who don't like the snow so well. I remember my 5 YO was freaked out by it until he turned two. Now he can't get enough.

Shawn said...

Love these! I would just say for the last one....

"I told you not to hook me up to that horse cart---I couldn't hang ooooooonnnnnn!"

Tracie said...

26 inches? I'd be crying like Jackie if we had that much.

PS I think year round school would be a beautiful thing.

miss jo said...

my comments: Wowzer. Awesome
foto caption: I don't want cold snow !

Working Mommy said...

Um...yes...this snow SUCKS!! Glad you've got that snow blower!

~WM

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin