Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pre-Gaming: Dance the Night Away

Dance the Night Away

The team is Madison. The sport is field hockey. And the girls get their game faces on by dancing around someone's car in the parking lot before they take the field.

They generally snag a convert with a big, boomin' bass line for this exercise. They pop in a mix CD that features everything from Pat Benatar's "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" to any kind of super bad rap, to pop anthems of the '70s. I remember 3-Dog Night's "Joy to the World" was favored tuneage one year.

Then they crank it up. And dance, dance, dance, with the wildest abandon I've ever witnessed~in a parking lot or at a senior prom.

Thing is, the MadHawky Throw Down often throws the other teams off. I'm not sure if it's the intimidation factor, or just 'cause this gaggle of high school gals looks just plain crazy out there on the asphalt.

Opponents probably wonder...isn't it a tad early for pre-gaming?

24 comments:

tattytiara said...

I'm not ritualistic by nature, but I could totally get on board with that one.

cat said...

Oh this looks like fun.

Amy said...

Fun!

The Blonde Duck said...

That's so cute! It's so much better than the traditions teams had in my hs!

Tracy P. said...

So fun! A successful team is one with a crazy trademark. Love the snap!

Kerri said...

When I was in high school I would dance like that behind closed doors only...NOW...my boys and I rock the house and if we hear music while we're out...we all start be-bopping...music is such a wonderful thing. Great capture!

maryt/theteach said...

Love this, Melissa! Thanks for participating in Ruby Tuesday! :)

Yankee Girl said...

That is such a fun way to warm up! Cutting loose is the way to go!

Andrea said...

I love it! That's great.

Manang Kim said...

Fun, fun, fun!!

RRT: Fuji

Sarah said...

i hope this happens in the summer and not now...

BLOGitse said...

Sure they have a great time...

BLOGitse

Susie said...

They party hard in Mad Town:-)

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Great shot!. This looks like fun.!!

carma said...

this could all be part of the big game day strategy - looks like fun!

cait said...

This is great! They would be crazy not to hire you! I am right with you on "Blogger"! Blessings on your adventure. :D

Quasi Serendipita said...

They look like they're having a great time!

♥ Kathy said...

Looks fun! Happy Ruby Tuesday

Annie said...

Hi, following your blog from Friday Follow.

Come to visit my blogs:

http://www.santiagotwingirls.blogspot.com

http://www.palstiembroidery.blogspot.com

kim said...

love it. peps me up just to look at it!

Lucy said...

Now, that is a great way to build team spirit!!!

CelticLady said...

Have not seen hockey in the olympics yet, I am a fan of more the skiing and snowboarding and my favorite of course is figure skating....I am definitely enjoying these olympics!!!

miss jo said...

I wish shaking my booty was a team-spirit option when I was in high school! Suppose I've made up for lost time as an adult. :)......A superior snap.

日月神教-任我行 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,性感影片,正妹,聊天室,
情色論壇

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin