Sunday, January 31, 2010

Beach Blanket Bingo?


Beach House

Hardly. Mrs. Scribe is definitely NOT a Weather Dude (known in the parlance of the Boob Tube as a "meteorologist"), but she could've predicted this one. All the so-called "experts" called for 2-4 inches in the DC Metro area. Well, an "advisory" had turned to a "warning" by noon & as the sun set, 9 inches were on the ground, with a sheet of ice underneath that, making her commute to Starbux decidedly dicey, at best.

You Silly Sunday Sweepstakes participants know what to do, correctamundo? Take a gander at this Superior Snap, shot on my screened porch Sunday afternoon. Conjur a caption for said snap & tippy-type it, real quick-like, in the comments section of this post.

And that's all there is to it, Scribe Fans! You'll win nothing tangible for all your toil & trouble, but you should feel magnificent after giving all of us a good giggle. And what could be better than that?

23 comments:

GypsyFox The Glamorous Betty Crocker said...

I'm so jealous though...I WISH it would snow for once here in AZ..hahah FAT chance :)

Emily said...

I don't have anything, but you're right, this picutre really needs a caption! Hilarious!

quilly said...

Oh crap. I think we are in Kansas now, Toto!

MaryRC said...

polar bear beach house

Vodka Logic said...

Beach House? I think the TARDIS is broken

TeachJ said...

Beach Party Antarctica!

Fierce said...

The other sign fell off. It said "Beware of sharks"

:)
xoxo

Susie said...

"Yahoo!Beach party at Santa's house!"

Stephanie Faris said...

The ice is the bad part of it all. We got about 5 inches here. They predicted 7 or 10, which I'm sure people got in other areas. We're not used to snow here, and, of course, the streets are a solid sheet of ice now.

Paloma said...

Here is my try: "I guess I will have to wear a thicker bikini"

:)

Good Sunday!!!

The Coffee Shop

Paloma.

Tara R. said...

Your snow looks like my sand. I'll keep the sand...

Midlife Jobhunter said...

Honey, don't forget the snow screen.

Dalia (Generation X Mom) said...

Enter at your own risk.

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

What a gorgeous view!!!
Beach house? ahah!
Have a great Sunday! :O)
Betty xx

KellieS said...

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for coming by Women's Life Link. I heard about that snow storm out East. We are snow-covered here in Indy but nothing new coming down...at the moment.

I can't believe Jan. is already spent, can you? I think you're right, we need a sugar daddy to take us on a long vacation to Fiji so we can write something amazing that will bring the big bucks! I'll let you know if I think of anything...

Kellie

Kfred said...

Honey, do you still have Al Gore's phone number?

Queenie Jeannie said...

Yikes!!! Be careful!

Next year we'll have snow too.... in ITALY!!!!

blueviolet said...

That's pretty darn funny!

cait said...

Exhausted from the weekend so my brain can't come up with a caption. However, I had to laugh because I always want a beach sign in my home...but I am not even close to the beach. Maybe I'll finally break down and get one after seeing yours. :)

Mommakin said...

That makes me too sad to make a funny comment!

(I love Paloma's, though...)

Quasi Serendipita said...

Life's a beach...

Tracy P. said...

So what's the big deal? It's a dry snow...practically the same thing.

Petite Little Bee said...

Hello, Just stopped by to visit. Your blog is great. Love the picture. Thanks for sharing and will be back soon. Cheers, Lia

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin