Sunday, December 13, 2009

Where's Clark Griswold When You Need Him?

Christmas Ditto

Hey there, Scribe Fans! Before we launch into our Sunday silliness, just thought I'd offer a friendly reminder~a nudge, as it were~to vote for Mrs. Scribe & MOO in the 2009 Edublog Awards. And, of course, thank you for your support!

Now, down to brass tacks. Or Christmas lights. Whatever. Today, I'd like to offer you "Christmas Ditto." If you Google "Christmas Ditto," you'll find literally dozens of sources on the World Wide Web. I have no idea the origin, but I'm going with this silly shot anyway, in honor of the season & all...

You know what to do, correctamundo? Take a gander at this Superior Snap. Then, conjure a caption for said snap & tippy-type it, real quick-like, in the comments section of this post. And that's all there is to it. You won't win anything tangible for your efforts, except for the knowledge that you gave all of us a good giggle this holiday season. And what could be better than that?

Editor's Note: Tomorrow, Mrs. Scribe hosts a Christmas Contest, of sorts. If she can get Mr. Linky to work, that is...

21 comments:

Traci said...

There are few things greater than a giggle anytime of the year but especially now.

Great pic. Happy Holidays!
:-)

miss jo said...

Neighbors who don't compete.

Mister Teacher said...

Where you gonna hang all those lights??

Bend over, I'll show ya!!

Tara R. said...

'the Smiths, wanting to reduce their carbon footprint, but still having a need to keep up with the Joneses, came upon an acceptable compromise.'

Sarah said...

house on the left: "i'm with stupid here."

TeachJ said...

My electric bill is smaller than yours - ROTFL.

Susie said...

Ah...Sarah....I was going to say that!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

The grinch who stole our thunder ...

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Melissa,love that!! Off to vote!
Have a great Sunday!!
hugs

Somewhere In Between said...

I wish I had dropped by sooner - all of the ideas that initially popped into my head have already been shared (keeping up with the Jones/carbon footprint!).

Have a great Sunday!!

Fierce said...

The Brights show their Christmas spirit with their light display
The Notsobrights: "Exactly, what they said"
This picture is hilarious

Sherri @ Luv a Bargain said...

This is what I need to do:)

Stephanie Faris said...

Jeff Bowman went all out in celebration of St. Patrick's Day.

Mama Michie (aka Michaela) said...

"Not all of us are overachievers!"

I just think that picture is so funny.

kys said...

When you can't keep up with the Jones.

blueviolet said...

That's lighting on coattails!

Jennifer Juniper said...

100 strings of lights? $200
Man hours invested? 25
Number of irritated neighbors? Many

The look on my neighbor's face when he opens his electric bill? Priceless

Helene said...

Some of the ideas I had were already mentioned!! I did see this in the news and thought it was hysterical...quite brilliant actually.

carte sdhc 4gb said...

I love the scene of him buying lingerie from the hot sales girl and all the horniness that comes accidentally tumbling out of his mouth. Shows that Chevy Chase was as good at tripping over his tongue as he was at tripping over Christmas light wiring.

mama-face said...

I have nothing clever to caption this with...but I will say that my boy LOVES to watch the youtube Christmas light shows over and over before school. I'm become quite cynical about them; I need to shake off the grinch from me. :)

I voted for ya! Good luck.

Kristin @ Meanbean said...

"fastest way to keep up with the Joneses"

Happy Holidays! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin