Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sleeping Beauty

Pink Pepper

Hi, my name is Pepper. I am Ella Numera Una's cat, and I've been featured a couple times on my Human's blog. Today, I'm "guest posting," whatever that means, at the behest of Mama Kat. Well, when I heard that a fellow kitty cat needed me, I got up from my nap to tippy-tap. This is Prompt #1, I'm supposed to tell y'all, for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.

I'm an inside kitty, who works real hard at my job, which basically consists of eating. Oh, and sleeping a lot, too. I eat my breakfast kibbles each morning, then spend the rest of the day figuring out how to steal my stepsister's food. That's why I pretty much look like I've swallowed a bowling ball.

Speaking of which, my stepsister, Patch, and I have a rocky relationship. You see, she's twice as old as I am, and kind of gets her fur all up in a wad when I'm around. I try to stay out of her way, but I have to admit, I'm a tad jealous. Patch is an outside kitty, so she gets to come and go as she pleases. Occasionally, though, I do escape, which doesn't please my Humans all that much. In fact, it pretty much pisses them off. Hey, am I allowed to say that?

Since I'm forced to make do with what I can find within the confines of my home, I've been known to come up with creative ways to entertain myself. I collect Christmas bows, and have a stash of them hidden hither and yon. I also help my mommy Human, Melissa B., with her blogging. Well, at least she thinks I'm trying to help. I actually just like to nest on the laptop because it keeps my butt warm, in all kinds of weather!

A note about my name. My Humans picked me up at the local shelter when I was 7 months old. Apparently, I'd been given up by my original family~something to do with allergies, I think. So I already had a moniker when La Familia Scribe adopted me. The lady at the shelter told Ella Numera Una that my name was "Pee Pee," so my Humans tried calling me that for a while. The shelter chick, obviously, couldn't read my adoption card. I think I acquired the name Pepper because I'm a white kitty cat with black spots. But when Melissa B. took me in for my first check-up, the vet said we must be mistaken about the name. I obviously, he said, should have been named MOO, because of my bovine tendencies.

Since today is New Year's Eve Day, I really can't say goodbye to 2009 without giving a plug for abandoned kitties like moi. Melissa B. has blogged about United Animal Nations before. They really do a great job helping animals who were in my situation. So, if you're making your New Year's resolutions, you might want to consider adding this great animal rescue group to your list.

Enjoy tonite's festivities. I won't be going out; I'll probably be all tangled up. Cheers!

27 comments:

quilly said...

Nice to meet you, Pepper. Neat trick blogging while napping. Well, actually, I've read a lot of blog posts that made me think their author must have been asleep while writing it, but yours differed in that it was actually entertaining.

Peggy said...

Happy New Year Melissa!

Peggy

Amy said...

Happy New Year!

knit1kids4 said...

What a great post Kitty! Happy New Year to you and your human!

Jen said...

Cats are awesome!

My cat wrote my post for today too.

Quasi Serendipita said...

Another reason I definitely need a cat!

Luschka said...

Sweet post! Gave me a smile!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Luschka

Jen said...

Great post, I adopted my kitty from the ASPCA during a huge snow storm.

Working Mommy said...

Happy New Years Pepper...here is hoping for a better relationship with your sis!

~WM

Shraddha@theselfloveproject said...

Happy new year to you!

very cute photo!

Melissa you have been a motivation for me and i love your writing style...

JennyMac said...

Pepper you are adorable..and I am not really a kitty person!

Sarah said...

happy new year pepper and to your human family as well!

Catherine Ensley said...

Moe, here. I posted about my life and my owner
http://wordsworldandwings.blogspot.com/2009/12/its-mobitty-do-dog-day-mamas-losin-it.html

It was the first time she tried Mama's Losin it ... and she thinks it will be fun to connect with a new community. She's a children's librarian. She liked reading your profile...

Jayde said...

I jumped over on the link to find the list of topics. I think that's a very neat idea! I did begin following Mama's Losin It so that I can participate some other time possibly. Right now I need to get busy on my son's late Christmas present. Have a great day and a Happy New Year!

Ms. ~K said...

This is my first visit to your wonderful blog...I just received an award that was started here (Scholastic Scribe).
I'm adding your blog to my favorites!
~K

PS...I'm a retired primary school teacher!

junebug said...

Great job kitty! Sounds like you have found the perfect home. Happy New Year!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ahhh! You had me at kitty...

Happy New Year!

Susie said...

This is a cute prompt from Mama Kat:-)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://rastimores.net/][img]http://akreoplastoes.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]microsoft office 2003 home and student key, [url=http://rastimores.net/]where to buy pirated software[/url]
[url=http://rastimores.net/][/url] discount microsoft office software adobe acrobat 9 pdf portfolio layouts
added reseller software [url=http://akreoplastoes.net/]software no purchase[/url] soft sales oem software
[url=http://rastimores.net/]free photo editing software adobe[/url] microsoft software price
[url=http://rastimores.net/]store location software[/url] filemaker pro consulting job
software to buy tickets [url=http://rastimores.net/]media composer software academic[/url][/b]

Dr.John said...

Happy New Year to the cat and all others in the house.

Mama Kat said...

Cats are so spoiled. I used to wish to be one when I was little. Sassy little creatures.

Tara R. said...

Happy New Year Pepper to you and your peeps. Both kitties living with us are rescues too, the best kind of cats ever.

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Just a really beauty!
hugs hugs

Allyson said...

Dear Pepper,
Thank you so much for your guest post! May 2010 bring you so much catnip that you think your precious kitty head will explode and you get to escape a couple of times, but only in the summer because even Poppy and LuLu know better than to make a run for it right now..at 25 degrees. And be nice to Patch. You never know when she may be able to help you out of a cat-astrophic situation!

Yaya said...

Awww! Pepper is much better name than Pee Pee! ;)

miss jo said...

Muy Muy A-DOR-A-BLE that Pee Pee Sue ! Lucky you.

Anonymous said...

Jag tänkte bara släppa dig en linje för att berätta din webbplats verkligen rocks! Jag har letat efter denna typ av information under en lång tid .. Jag brukar inte svara på inlägg men jag kommer i detta fall. WoW fantastiskt bra.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin