Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Portrait of the Artist as a Young Cat

Patch Portrait

First off, I'd like to remind y'all to vote for Ella Numera Dos & Moi in the Edublog Award Competition. Polls close tonite at midnite; please vote in all three categories: Best Individual Blog, Best Student Blog & Best Teacher Blog. Thanks for your support!

So, I guess y'all are wondering about this Superior Snap. Like most proud parents, we have Kid Art of various eras & incarnations displayed around Casita Scribe. Why, after all, buy the expensive stuff when you can hang certifiable originals on the walls?

The portrait above was sketched by Ella Numera Dos when she was 9-ish. The Fat Cat taking in the Cray-Pas rendering is the subject of said artwork~Patch the Cat, perching on my newly upholstered chair the other day.

I only had one chance to snag this capture. Once the Canon clicked, the kitty was outta there. I've never seen her admire her likeness before, even though it's been hanging in that self-same spot for almost 10 years. But I'm sure that if she had opposable thumbs, she'd be raising both in the air...

I Heart Faces is featuring Pets this week. Does it count if we can't see the critter's face?

21 comments:

mooneyequalsmc2 said...

*raises opposable thumbs in honor of this entry!*

Vodka Logic said...

Kittys been around a few years.. cute picture.

gaelikaa said...

Adorable cat!

quilly said...

That is a superior poster of a superior cat and a superior drawing of a superior cat. I think.

Veronica Lee said...

AWWWWWWWsome shot! I ♥ the pic!!

love lives in the kitchen said...

hehe! what a lovely picture and what a lovely kitty!

Tracy P. said...

That is so super cute!!!

shraddha said...

its a cute photo...

i love it..

Jayde said...

I agree that original art is the way to go. Great picture!

Yankee Girl said...

That was quite the photo op you captured! If it were me, I would spend hours just looking for the camera and completely miss my chance.

Voted from my home and work computer!

Michelle said...

Nice pic!!!

Quasi Serendipita said...

That is such a cute snap!

Kristin said...

That is too adorable. I LOVE that you framed that!

When did I become my Mom said...

Voted for you both. Yay!
I wonder how come she never admired herself before. Its a great snap! The decorations on our tree every year are craft pieces the boys have done over the years. Not fancy, but oh so precious!

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct partner who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://awezitova.o-f.com/rutaku.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Honey Mommy said...

What a fun photo! I think it's cute the kitty is admiring her likeness!

Dr.John said...

That looks like a proud cat.

blueviolet said...

That is just about the cutest thing I've seen all day!

Sarah said...

that was pretty good for a 9 year old. and the photo is a great shot. caption: "I'm seeing double..."

Shawn said...

Yep----I voted, my dear!! Cutie kitty....

miss jo said...

Life imitating art ? Muy-muy-muy a-dor-a-ble photo of Ms. Patchie and her likeness.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin