Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Attention, Kmart Shoppers!

EZ Does It

Stopped by the local beach Kmart to pick up a container to store some of my flotsam & jetsam from this week's sandy excursions. When what to my wondering eyes should appear but a man named EZ, playing funky Christmas Carols out front, picking up a little spare change in between sets & occasionally harmonizing with the Kmart Shopping Cart Dude. Here they're jammin' on "Silent Night." Duuuuuuuuuuuude...they were good!

EZ put me in mind of the real reason for the season~'tis better to give than to receive. I've started collecting some Christmas Bling early & wanted to give the proper kudos, plus pass the love along before I get on the road again toward snowy DC.

First off, thanks mucho to Betty at Cut and Dry. She is cool & classy & a Superior Scribbler, to boot. I'd like to pass this refreshing bling along to 2 sweet & sassy gals:

Tammy, at Keep in Touch with Mommakin

Mama-Face, at Blog Ignoramus

Next, my new friend, Quasi, at Quasi Serendipita, is a busy doctor who works in central London. But she still has time to stop & smell the roses, not to mention fling some bling my way. Thanks to a gal whose recipes & photos perpetually leave me in utter awe. So, I am, in turn, blinging these 5 bloggers, who always brighten my day:

Quilly, at Quintessentially Quilly

Shradda, at The Self Love Project

Kys, At Stir-Fry Awesomeness

Steph, at Steph in the City

Noelle, at Elastic Waistbands and Comfortable Shoes

And finally, Carma, at Carma Sez challenged her regular readers to list 10 Things That Make Them Happy. I'd like to pass this bling along to one of my favorite bloggers, with the challenge to do the same:

Hope y'all enjoy your pre-Christmas blinging. And, please, enjoy my Top 10, too, ya hear?

10 Things That Make Mrs. Scribe Happy

10. Having 2 full weeks off for Winter Break.

9. Realizing that I'm almost out from under all those student papers.

8. Wrapping up Christmas shopping early this year.

7. Knowing that I'm making a difference.

6. Finding time to pop on down to the OBX for a little Winter fling.

5. Finally figuring out that Twitter can be my friend.

4. Hanging out online with my beautiful bloggy friends.

3. Anticipating the tingle I'll feel when all My Peeps are under one roof.

2. Missing the biggest DC snowstorm in years.

1. Traveling home today to play in said snow.


Shawn said...

Great to read your happy thoughts----
Have a great week, my dear, and a Merry Christmas!

quilly said...

Wow! Thanks for the shout out and the recognition! I always get a kick out of your posts, too1

Stephanie Faris said...

Thank you! I'm glad I can brighten your day and that's some beautiful bling. I'm adding it to my page now.

Mommakin said...

Oh, it is ALL good, isn't it?

Thanks for the bloggy love!

Vodka Logic said...

I love the Buskers, most of the time..

Congrats on the awards.

knit1kids4 said...

Twitter can be a friend... I still don't get it.

Lovely picture, what fun to hear!

Tara R. said...

Thank you so much for the bling. It was just what I needed! I posted my own list:

Happy 101: Top Ten

Peggy said...

Merry Christmas Melissa!


JDaniel4's Mom said...

Congrats! I love the blogs you picked.

Stopping by from SITS!

Confessions From A Working Mom said...

I need to figure out exactly what joys Twitter can bring... I haven't figured it out quite yet!!!


Susie said...

Congratulations on your awards:-)

carma said...

Thanks for taking on the challenge!! Enjoy your time off...and bravo on #7 - I still need to find a way to do this!

Quasi Serendipita said...

I love Christmas buskers - they always put me in a festive mood!

Dr.John said...

Music you don't expect is always a wonderful thing. I rode into Macy';s at our Mall and there by the door was a thee person orchestra in full fancy dress playing Christmas music.

Jeanie said...

You are a bling queen. Kudos to you. You are also queen for making Twitter you friend.

Allyson said...

My new year's resolution? To wean myself from Facebook...which has not been so hard since I've replaced it with Twitter. So glad you're on there! Enjoy your Christmas break and the snow that you got. I drove up to Northern KY today just to see it again. Stupid 45 degree temps...(I doubt I'll be singing that tune in February).

mama-face said...

Thank you for the early Christmas gift! I love a little bling.

your list made me very happy; especially the part about knowing you make a difference. You really do.

Merry Christmas!


shraddha said...

i got an award!!!


i am so excited!!

thank you!!!

BLOGitse said...

Hi there!
I agree - better to give!
So you and all your friends
come to my blog and download my free ebook!
It makes you smile! :)

sanjeet said...

I always get a kick out of your posts, too1
Work from home India

Angelia (Texas) said...

Yay! Congrats on your awards. Nice list. :-)

Matty said...

You are well deserving of these. Congratulations and Merry Christmas.

Noelle said...

wow...just wow! i feel honored to be receiving an award from you, mrs. scribe! thank you!

btw...dug through your archives and read about yoshido...i'll be sayin' a little prayer for him tonight!

Maria Berg said...

It makes me smile- my award that I made have reach someone that I do not know (yet) and that was the propose with making the award from my own photo. Hope It will travel all around the world.

Merry Christmas to you even if you not yet know who I am.
Hope to see you in 2010.

Maria Berg, Sweden

Anonymous said...

I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?

miss jo said...

Musician merry making coast to coast. Love it. A superior snap.....I'm also in awe of all your superior scribbling. Happy two weeks free of PM & w/ your peeps !

kys said...

I'm sorry it took me so long to get over here and thank you properly for the award. I've been locked in the bathroom you know....,

Anyhoo, congrats on your awards! You are so very deserving. And thank you so much for thinking of me!

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas with your family and are enjoying your break from work.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin