Saturday, November 28, 2009

She's Got Spirit...And Your Vote?

Wrong Way!

Clang the cow bell for MOO!

That time of year again, Scribe Fans! Some of you long-time followers might remember that The Scholastic Scribe was involved in a closer-than-close contest for Best Individual Blog about 1 year ago this month, in a competition known as The Edublog Awards. In fact, I lost by 9 votes, if I recall.

As we all know, close only counts in horseshoes & hand grenades...

Well, The Eddies have rolled around once more, with a couple of cool categories. And I'm making my own nominations this time around. Chief among them? Why, MOO, Ella Numera Dos' outstanding photoblog. And, yes, that is my youngest pictured above, decked out all her summer swim-team coach finery!

Here's the scoop:

Nominations are open until December 8; voting ends December 16. So, you've got plenty of time to put your own nominees forward for the 2009 Eddies. And hold on tight...be assured that Mrs. Scribe will let you know when the voting commences.

Cue the drumroll, please. I hereby nominate the following outstanding blogs for the 2009 Edublog Awards:

Best new blog: Miss Jo's San Francisco...Artistic, educational, comprehensive. A joy to look at & to read!

Best student blog: MOO...A college kid majoring in photo, she jumped into the blogosphere with enthusiasm & a great deal of God-given talent. Her topics are colorful, stark, informative; eye-candy, with an edge.

Best resource-sharing blog: TeachJ...I always find something of interest over here. He shares my passion for scholastic journalism & a great deal of knowledge with his readers.

Most influential blog post: NYC...There's Something About You...Outstanding for its insight & artistic magnetism. MOO captures The City with an Alfred Stieglitz-like passion...

Best teacher blog: Bellringers...Richie & I must have been separated at birth. She schools her journalistas down Texas-way in quite the Scribe-like fashion, never forgetting that this high school teaching janx is so much more than just a way to pay the rent...

Remember...I'll let you know when the voting gets underway. And thanks to Cate at Show My Face for letting me campaign a little today...

22 comments:

Vodka Logic said...

Good luck to all those nominated

San said...

That picture sure wins MY vote! ;)

All the best to all the nominees!

Sheri Carpetenter said...

Happy SITS Sharefest day. I wish all those nominated the best of luck
Sheri
http://miraclemomas.net (new blog)

Christine said...

Great nominees.....and MOO is the bomb! Love how her spirit just radiates:D

C @Favourite Vintage Finds said...

Go Moo! Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Angelia said...

The spirit is strong in the young one. :-D

Wow, best of luck to all those nominated. I will definitely check them out.

TeachJ said...

Thanks for the nomination. Of course I will vote for your wonderful blog, since I nominated it in at least one category myself.

Kimmy said...

Oh My Gosh!! What a funny picture!! LOL

Good luck to all those nominated!

Happy 6WS!!

Noelle said...

go MOO! go MOO!
you're number one, not number two!

go MOO! go MOO!
i love your blog-i'll vote for you!

just a little pep-team stuff from the 80's. hope you enjoyed it.

thatgirlblogs said...

voting and good luck

Susie said...

She is really working for votes, isn't she?

miss jo said...

Gee, thanks Melissa B. for the nomination ! I am very honored. Good luck too in the competition. I will spread the word !

Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle said...

I'm not familiar with these blogs-I'm always looking for something new to read.

momentsinaneye said...

Hi, Love these. The best of luck to all. I will check back often. Happy SITS Sharefest. thanks for your comment and visit.

Tina said...

Good luck to everyone nominated! Off to check out some new blogs :)

I played 6ws too! http://talkinwithteenie.blogspot.com/2009/11/six-word-saturday.html

MarjnHomer said...

good luck!

Dr.John said...

Too many categories, you lost me.
A six word response from the
Fortress.

Call Me Cate said...

Good luck to all! And thanks for playing 6WS!

koe whitton-williams said...

definitely let me know when the voting starts. . . I'll try to get some votes from your old home town! I hope you and your daughter win in a landslide.

Shraddha@theselfloveproject said...

oooh sounds fun!!

good luck to everyone..

Shell said...

Good luck to everyone nominated!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Masala Chica said...

Good luck to you and everyone you listed. I'll try to check all the ones you mentioned out.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin