Monday, November 23, 2009

The Packers' Pied Piper...and a PIE!

Go, Pack!

The Green Bay Packers didn't disappoint yesterday afternoon. Well, they tried to, but San Francisco only clawed its way within 6 points. The Pack won, and is on a 2-game winning streak! But there's always Turkey Day, for those of us cynical Packer Backers who are looking for our 6-4 team to live up to negative expectations. We play Detroit on Thursday. And since we shut the Lions out in October, maybe we can stuff them again on Thanksgiving, huh?

I prefer to look on the bright side. Always have been a glass half-full gal, after all. The Packers have the best fans in the NFL, as evidenced by the spirited sousaphonist, above. Yeah, I know all y'all call that horn a tuba, but you're wrong-O!

Ella Numera Dos' last photo project before breaking for Thanksgiving involved a Green Bay Packers' theme. Entitled "Hometown Pride," her portfolio included 19 Superior Snaps such as this one, featuring what she terms "the craziness" of being a Green Bay Packers' fan. "Yes, some of the fans are a little ridiculous, but that is why they are so fun," Ella Dos points out. The fellow featured here is just the tip of the iceberg known as Lambeau Field & environs. More than one former high school band nerd dusts off an ancient instrument to toot at tailgates & in the stadium every Sunday, for sure!

Please check out Ella Numera Dos' Packer Pride all this week at her photoblog, MOO. The Superior Snap she's showcasing today is a quirky little capture of my SIL's MIL. You'll love it!

Didn't want to let you get away for the holidays without another pie recipe. This one's a taste, in calories & in cholesterol. Not for the timid, that's for durn tootin'!

Susie Clark's Pecan Pie

1 cup Karo Syrup

1 tbs. butter

1 cup pecans, broken in pieces

3/4 cup sugar

3 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

Pillsbury Pie Crust (you know, I always cheat on this part!)

Beat eggs well; mix with sugar. Add remaining ingredients (except the crust, of course), mix real well and pour into an unbaked pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. We like our pecan pie with vanilla ice cream on top. Enjoy!


Cairo Typ0 said...

Pilsbury crusts make life so much easier!! I love the line "a two game winning streak!" LOL You can't keep a Packers fan down. :D

allycupe said...

Thanks for stopping by! I really do make much more sense when I've had coffee....

pixielation said...

I've never made a pecan pie, but I love them. That looks quite achievable actually!

Cindy @ Chalk it Up! said...

I made and ate pecan pie for the first time last week. My son was begging me to make it. It was good but very sweet. I think it needed the ice cream:)
Thanks for stopping by from SITS!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

I was glad to see the Packers win yesterday but very sad and another Brown's loss--so close to winning! At least it was a good game, but losing in the last 8 seconds is not fun!

Visiting from SITS.

Noelle said...

i can honestly say that i've never in my life met such devoted, loyal fans as the packer fans. i think they put the "fan" in fanatical! lol.

going to check out MOO. have a great day, even if it is monday!

Susie said...

How appropriate! A nutty pie for nutty fans:-) Hee, hee, hee.

The Blonde Duck said...

I love pecan pie! It just makes me sooo happy!

And yes, the cookie-stealing bunny was there at the booksigning, front and center. He snarfed all the cookies, greedy litle furry thing he is.

Miss Jo said...

Love all your Packer pride, and a pecan pie recipe with only three eggs ! TX !

Sarah Brown said...

This would be one that my hubby would LOVE!!!! PS--Love the Packers even with without my favorite hotty Brett playing=)

mama-face said...

I durn tootin' want to try this pie...making and eating it. I've never made pecan pie and it does seem to be a favorite. I've always felt intimidated. What a long comment about pie.


BK said...

Looks like you are one of the greatest fans of Packers. :)

Charlene said...

I love pecan pie... but I also love the NE Patriots. (heehee) Thanks for visiting my blog - my next post will be my "official" acceptance of the Superior Scribbler award which I recently received. Yahoo!!

Nance said...

My mother always prides herself on her pie crust, which I detest. My father, upon eating pie at my house, once said to her, "Why don't you get Nance's recipe? Her crust is really good!" My mother almost killed him...ESPECIALLY when she found out that I use Pillsbury readybake pie crusts.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin