Friday, November 13, 2009

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday...

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday...


I think I've established that I arise at least 2 hours before the crack of dawn, in order to make an appearance each weekday at Our Humble High School.

Don't know if it's hormones, old age, or what, but I've been getting up at Oh, Dark Thirty on the weekends recently, too.


Last Sunday, Mr. Sun was just beginning to peek up over our neighbor's roofline. I grabbed my crappy digital for this Superior Snap. To my surprise, I'm kinda groovin' on the shadows, reflections & funky colors, captured as I looked thru my kitchen window out onto the screen porch & the deck.

That hazy Adirondack chair at the bottom-right of the shot is my paper-grading "throne" in more temperate times. When we're driven inside by chilly rain & plummeting temps, I grade at the kitchen table, illuminated by the ceiling lite, which in this snap is reflected on both the left & the right. If you look real closely, you can see a double-reflection of the table, too, on both the left & the right of the shot. Oh, I could go on, but I won't!

BTW...that awesome apple-green stained glass hanging in the window was a wedding gift, from the Maid of Honor. A throwback, you might say?

TGIF, y'all!


23 comments:

Alicia said...

i love the yellow! and that stained glass piece is legit! have an awesome weekend...TGIF!!

Cairo Typ0 said...

The stained glass is very cool! :) What a lovely gift. :)

Amy said...

Great picture and nice post title. The song will be in my head the rest of the day.

gaelikaa said...

Melissa B - thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!
I enjoyed your post also! See you again soon!

knit1kids4 said...

That is a superior snap - love all the reflections

Vodka Logic said...

i love my andarondak chair. Looks like a lovely home.

Tara R. said...

A wonderful cornucopia of color and light. Lovely morning capture.

Tammy Howard said...

Wow, that really is a gorgeous pic!

Noelle said...

i love the picture...and the stained glass work! have a great weekend, even if you do get up at o-dark-thirty! i'll sleep in for you!

Fahrenheit 350° said...

Awwwwwwwwwesome!

Susie said...

Great picture!

When did I become my Mom said...

Where are youuuu! I can't see the reflections very well, but I'm trying to see if I can make out a teeny bit of you. :-)

blueviolet said...

The yellow is making me feel so happy, and well really the scene is so perfect and I'm especially feeling like I want you to invite me over. ;)

kys said...

I love the stained glass piece!

quilly said...

You signed this up for sky watch but you should have signed it up for weekend reflections, too! I like the way this came out. It takes awhile to decipher what is what.

eileeninmd said...

Cool photo, I love the stained glass piece. Happy Skywatch.

cieldequimper said...

This is great! There is so much to see, love it!

awarewriter said...

Oh Dark Thirty. I love it and your photo.

ramblingwoods.com said...

lovely.....

Ida said...

Cool shot! :)

Miss Jo said...

I love that stained glass too ! :) A superior snap ! The light at this time of year is also so pretty. Do you nap ?

James said...

Very neat shot. I like the yellow window frame and the light that is reflected.

mbkatc230 said...

Love this shot! There's alot of interesting details to pick out. And I love the hint of dawn through the back windows. Kathy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin