Thursday, October 8, 2009

Shining Summer City on The Hill

Girls Rule!

Prompt #2 from today's Writer's Workshop: Find your one very favorite picture of Summer and write a poem about it.

Climbing The Hill Again
By Mrs. Scribe

I think that I shall never see

as many bellybuttons as Ye

Olde Swimming Hole has in the summer;

without the chlorine, life's just a bummer.

My kids are almost grown & gone

but I insist on hanging on.

We call this hole The Hill for cause

its crazy hijinx give us pause.

The Scribes, we host a yearly party

of 60 girls, who party hearty.

My girls, they are the Coaches Royale

and the swimmers to my kids are loyal.

For 16 summers we've been going

up to The Hill, but time is slowing.

When Una y Dos are then long gone,

will Mrs. Scribe keep hanging on?

19 comments:

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

Sounds like you've had some really good times at that pool.

Vodka Logic said...

Great and fun poem.. :)

Cairo Typ0 said...

Great poem and lovely memories. :))

kyslp said...

You're so talented! I loved that! Great picture, too.

Life with Kaishon said...

That picture is SUPER fabulous! I just LOVE it : ) Love it so much! And very clever poem. I was struggling with mine!

Grace Matthews said...

I love the picture!

Fruitful Vine2 said...

Stopped by to say hi. Have a wonderful day.

brainella said...

:-) That picture is definitely a keeper. I'm so impressed with other people's ability to write poems.

Mama Kat said...

That picture is awesome and I love how you used the poem to link back to the past summer's posts. Brilliant!

June Freaking Cleaver said...

Great pic! My girls and I used to hang out at the pool when they were younger.

Lots of good memories there.

Tammy Howard said...

Hang on, Mrs. Scribe!!!

MJ said...

LOVE the picture!! I am in awe of your talent - I shied away from the poem prompt because I have issues with the whole poem thing. Well done!
MJ of Dirty Lil Confessions via Mama's Losin It

junebug said...

Such a cute pic and great poem.

Mom of Three said...

Man I skipped over that poetry one so fast... But YOU, you did it just right!

See that's why there's a tribute to you on my post today! :-)

Susie said...

I would be I love pools:-)

blueviolet said...

Oh yeah, you gotta keep hanging on!

Shawn said...

You are soooo wit-tay, my dear!

Tracy P. said...

Well done! That is super sweet. Brings back memories of two a day workouts, teaching swimming lessons all day, and then having pool parties in our free time. Could not. get. enough.

Miss Jo said...

Your fond memories of The Hill,
You'll find,
Will only increase in time,
And the Hill will still be,
If you see,
It's time to move on.
:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin