Sunday, October 25, 2009

Orange You Glad I Didn't Say "Banana"?

Orange You Glad I Didn't Say "Banana"?

Homecoming Week at Our Humble High School is always a hectic affair, what with spirit days, a special assembly, the game, the court & the dance. Teachers learn early in their careers not to plan anything that might hurt their cherubs' heads too much ~ during this special week, not a lot is going to get done but fun...

Thought I'd share this shot from our last Homecoming, snapped in Senior Hall near a very crowded intersection we call Hollywood & Vine. Notice that the life of high school still goes on, even though there's a gorilla posing with his buddy the lion right in the middle of the hallway.

You know what to do, correctamundo? Take a good gander at this Superior Snap. Then conjure a caption for said snap, & tippy-type it, real quick-like, in the comments section of this post.

And there you have it, Scribe Fans! No fuss, no muss. You'll win nothing tangible for your trouble ~ just the knowledge that you've given all of us a good giggle. And what could be better than that?

15 comments:

quilly said...

Then King Kong said, "I gotta tell ya Mufasa, those dreads are you, man."

quilly said...

King Kong to the Lion King, "Yeah, my show did okay, but you'll always be the mane attraction."

Cairo Typ0 said...

Meet Leo. He's my mane squeeze. :P

Vodka Logic said...

Are you in there Ms Scribe...?

Yaya said...

"How am I supposed to eat this banana through this mask??"

Tammy Howard said...

High school's a jungle.

Susie said...

With the hustle and bustle of high school, no one was talking about the gorilla in the room:-)

Mighty M said...

Just another day at animal high school. :)

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

"Dude, what'd you do with Dorothy?"

Tara R. said...

Lions, tigers and.... gorillas? Oh my.

Vodka Mom said...

Is that a banana, or are you just happy to see me?"

knit1kids4 said...

The joke in your title is one of my daughter's favorite to tell!

Title... hmmm "Hey, I thought I was cast to be friends with a Tin Man???"

Shawn said...

Hey----I'm back!!! And your pics are as fun as ever...

Tammy Howard said...

Oh! Just FYI - when I showed this to the teen and the tween, the teen said, "Lions always were my favorite. Rowr!" Not so much clever, but still funny...

Miss Jo said...

After I eat this banana, let's split !!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin