Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'm a writer, not a fighter...

Superior Scribbler Award

Lots of action around Scribe Land this week, y'all. First I went back to work after a delightful 4-day reprieve. When I returned to the trenches at Our Humble High School,

did all hell break loose? Yup!


Newspaper deadline? Check! Yearbook deadline? Check! Oodles of AP English papers to grade? Checkeroo! End of the first quarter rapidly approaching? Check, check & double-check!

And, oh, BTW...the Snot Monster paid a visit to mi casa, too. So I've been a tad under the weather all week.

You know, I'm a writer, not a fighter. But Your Humble Scribe also passed some Merry Milestones. I'd like to recognize these today in this post, which is brought to you by Cate, at Show My Face. It's 6-Word Saturday, you know.


The Scholastic Scribe, as it were, hit the 50,000 hit mark a couple of days ago. And I couldn't let the week fly by without acknowledging that The Superior Scribbler Award entered toddlerhood. As of press time, 1,156 Superior Scribblers currently roam the planet. That's a heckuva lot of scribbling in one year's time!

So, to honor both of these amazing occurences, methinks it's time to bestow The Award on 5 more Superior Scribblers. We write because we love to, not because we have to. And as we hurtle thru the universe on this spinning orb called Earth, we're trying to make our mark~one syllable at a time.

I created The Superior Scribber Award last October to honor those who share my passion for the written word. As with all awards, there are a few rules, so we probably should dispense with those, first:

  • Each Superior Scribbler I name today should in turn pass The Award along to 5 most-deserving bloggy friends.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must link to the blog from which he/she has received the award. In this case, that would be moi.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on her/his blog, and link to this post, which explains its origins.
  • Each blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to Mr. Linky. That way, we'll be able to keep track on everyone who receives this prestigious honor.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on her/his blog when passing along the award.

Well, here goes...hope y'all enjoy your bling, will use it wisely & will cherish it always!


21 comments:

Shraddha@theselfloveproject said...

congratulations to all the winners!

i love your blog..

Mom of Three said...

Oh you're kidding me! I am so honoured! I think I might have just blushed... is this what that feels like?! Lol.

Thank you so much! I really feel very special getting this award! :-)

Cairo Typ0 said...

I think that's so cool how many people have rec'd your award. I once tried (unsucessfully) to trace the origins of a random award or meme back to its origin for fun. I love that you made keeping track part of the award.

Congrats to the winners! :)

Vodka Mom said...

congrats, my friend. CONGRATS.

Amanda said...

Visiting from SITS, loving your blog!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I'm honored. Thank you!

Dr.John said...

Please tie Hell back up again

Gretta said...

What a great post on 6WS! Congrats to all who won.

Stephanie Faris said...

And off it goes again! I see your award everywhere.

Miss Always Carried Away said...

Thank you for stopping by on my blog! And huge congrats to all winners!

knit1kids4 said...

You posted on my blog that you passed this honor on to me! Thank you so much (I can't see my name though, but I think your bling widget is covering it.)

Thank you!

Tracy P. said...

Congratulations on the milestones, Melissa! I think you're quite effective in wielding your words--writing can be fighting in a most productive way! I love your spunk, and the fact that you know how far is too far.

Susie said...

Congratulations on all your hits! What a HUGE accomplishment:-)

Call Me Cate said...

Congrats to you and your scribblers! I had a hectic week as well but it turned out decent and productive. Always a preferable outcome.

Thanks for playing 6WS!

Brian, the old man said...

I understand the deadlines. I have been extremely busy this past week settling into my new job. I am finally able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

As a previous proud recipient of this award I would like to congratulate you on reaching the 50,000 hit mark. Also, I extend my congratulations to these new Superior Scribblers.

Keep on scribbling and have a wonderful weekend.

Miss Jo said...

Hope you've desnorkelized and all the cherubs are meeting their deadlines. Congrats too on your 50,000 visitor milestone !

LadyStyx said...

Congrats to the winners!!

Vodka Logic said...

Congratulations... this was my first blog award.. and from its creator. :)

knit1kids4 said...

OK... now I have to pick 5... hmmm I'll have to think on this! Thank you again!

kys said...

50,000? That is terrific!! I see your award everywhere. It was how I found your blog - when someone gave it to me!

Shawn said...

You go, girl!!!

I have gotten this award a few times----and giggled a bit each time, because you were the one that started it all!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin