Friday, October 2, 2009

Garbage In...Beauty Out

Full Moon Rising over Venus

Last nite was Garbage Eve. That's what My Daddy named the nite before the morning trash pick up. As in, "I'm fixin' to take the trash out...tonite's Garbage Eve."

Since Mr. Fairway's been holed up (Oops! Accidental pun!! Get it?) with his new knee, I've taken on all of the household chores. And no, I'm not complaining. But I get out and about a lot more when I'm doing things like the grocery shopping, fetching the mail and taking out the trash.

Ran into my neighbor, Annie, as we both drug our large green plastic Super Cans down to the street. We commiserated about teaching, about husbands, about household chores. And we stared up at the newly minted full moon for a good long while, juxtaposed in the early October sky with the planet Venus.

Crisp Fall air, pleasant company, a full moon on the rise. On nites such as this, I wish I took out the trash more often.

But I should stop reveling in my epiphany, or I'll still be taking out the trash, even after Mr. Fairway's new knee is old news. Am I right, or what?

SkyWatch Friday & Candid Carrie are sponsoring today's post. And yes, that little squiggle on the right-hand side of this Superior Snap is the planet Venus. I promise.


15 comments:

quilly said...

Especially if Mr. Fairway reads your blog. "But, honey, I don't want to deprive you. I know how much you like to do it!"

Mom of Three said...

Enchanting is the only word that comes to mind. I love it.

Kitty said...

Don't get ahead of yourself girl. Let's see how well you like taking out the trash when it's cold, wet, and windy out! Too cute!

Yaya said...

Garbage Eve, hilarious!

The Un-Bride said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog and for sending good vibes my way! My family really needs some good vibes at the moment. MUAH!

luna miranda said...

magical moon...makes me think of fire flies.:P

Babooshka said...

It's such a haunting image.

Vodka Logic said...

How is the new knee, I need one too.

I'm still not taking out the trash even for a new moon

Gretchen said...

Good stuff! Stopping by from SITS!

kyslp said...

Beautiful picture. I'm going to show it to the kiddos.

Never heard it called 'Garbage Eve' before. I may use that.

Susie said...

Yeah...don't get too used to it or you will have to get used to it:-)

Brian, the old man said...

You're correct you probably have more garbage eves in your future now he's realized you will do it. Enjoy the cool fall air and have a great night.

mama-face said...

Yep, once they find out you can; you forever will.

I going to make Garbage Eve an excuse to go shopping every week. I can make that work.

Love the pic.

Miss Jo said...

Isn't it funny how putting the garbage out always is the husband's job ? Funny garbage eve memory. When I get the chance to roll out the cannisters I always think of dad, when I'm not writing editorials in my head like he used to while painting the house, gardening....Great neighborhood bonding. Hey to Mr. Fairway.

Aunt Julie said...

Back in the day when I used to iron Uncle Lynn's shirts, my Mom, (yeah, your mother-in-law) told me not to do it. Once I started, I could never stop. Same with scrubbing the kitchen floor on my knees. So I send shirts out, and use a mop. Thanks, Mom. But I am the one who almost always takes out the garbage, because I started doing it! Lesson learned.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin