Saturday, September 12, 2009

John McCain Redefines the Power Nap

The State of Our Union

Joe Wilson sure wasn't the first!

Thought I'd inject a little politics into 6-Word Saturday. Many of y'all have heard, I suppose, about South Carolina Republican Joe Wilson, & how he heckled the President during the health care speech this week.

BO was talking about health care & illegal immigrants, and the good congressman stood up & shouted, "You lie!"

Just wanted to say that The Honorable Mr. Wilson is not the first of our national legislators to disrespect the President during an address to a joint session of Congress. I'm a DC-ite, & I know from whence I speak.

The last to play the rude card in the House Chamber, however inadvertently, during a Presidential speech was our own Johnny Mac, who fell asleep during George the Second's last State of the Union Address in 2007.

OK, he's old. I get that. I often take a power nap myself. But consider the time & the place. Johnny's sweet running mate has had a few "gotcha" moments herself of late, too, but don't get me started on Sarah P. "pardoning" the turkey.

This, really, is why we adore our elected officials, is it not? Next thing you know, The Prez will be ducking shoes thrown by irate Iraqis, correctamundo?

19 comments:

Vodka Logic said...

Poor John, must be hard to pay attention. I know I find it all a snooze...politics that is.

xx

Mama Mel said...

Nice... Couldn't he have had a coffee beforehand? Well, I probably would've fallen asleep too... yawn! ;)

Vodka Mom said...

omg that is so funny.

Dr.John said...

Nor will he be the last

Jen said...

You've got to catch them while you can I guess. Maybe not when the president is speaking.

Drahdrah said...

It can get old sometimes... I don't blame him !

Lindy said...

He didn't snore, did he?

carma said...

I'm a huge fan of the power nap too; and let's face it, they are all pretty much liars. There was some truth to what he said; and now everyone don't be sending me hate mail :D

BoufMom9 said...

LOL funny pic. Personally, I would so much prefer the senators act like they are alive and paying attention and have thoughts of their own, then just clapping for the sake of clapping ;)

Susie said...

I wish I could take a nap in the middle of my day:-)

Em said...

OK, now that's funny.

Poor Mr. McCain. I can't truly blame him though.

Alicia said...

classic!! poor old guy just couldn't hang!

Call Me Cate said...

Sadly, these are the guys in charge. And we put them there. I don't know which is worse.

Thanks for playing 6WS.

Stephanie Faris said...

I work with a man who is in his late 60s and can't seem to stay awake during meetings. I'm starting to think it's an age thing.

Quilly said...

Well, had he known his photograph would be taken, I am certain he would have found a way to stay awake.

Z's Mom said...

HA! Now I see why you wanted me to make sure and see this post...you just like to get me going, don't you???? ;) I can't say enough about how immature politicians are. Personally, I always stayed awake for Pres. Bush's speeches....bc you never knew what words he was going to trip up on. It was a like a train wreck and I couldn't turn away. Now, when BO talks.....I do a lot of nodding and "amen"ing.... :)

I'm glad you still visit me and haven't given up on me. I'm in a funk.

Shawn said...

I can't imagine STAYING awake!!

King of New York Hacks said...

I would have checked him for a pulse.

Miss Jo said...

He's not asleep. He just needs another eye lift !

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin