Friday, September 4, 2009

Going Green with Ella Numera Dos

When Ella Numera Dos moved into the dorm last weekend, she made sure she had her toothbrush, her bedding & her fridge. Other essentials, of course, included a voluminous wardrobe & about 30 pairs of shoes.

And her plants.


Barry, Lady Jane, Fluffy Ruffy

Meet Barry, a Philodendron planted in a wine bottle; Lady Jane, a tropical Anthurium, and Fluffy Ruffy, a Fluffy Ruffle Fern of the Boston Fern family. The only other college student Ella Dos knows who kept plants in a dorm room was her Big Sis, Ella Numera Una.

Barry, between you & moi, is an experiment provided to the chica by her madre. Barry's the one who comes out smelling like roses in this deal, if you ask me. On the other hand, Lady Jane, methinks, might need watering. And Fluffy? Perhaps a little too much on the H20?

But wait...there's more...


Lars, Bertha, Julio

Here we have the dorm vets. They're used to the late nite pizza runs & other college hijinx & janx. Meet Lars, Bertha & Julio. A Philodendron, a Spider Plant & another ~ you guessed it! ~ Philodendron. And actually, Julio's the progeny of Lars, so he's really a newcomer this year, too.

The reason Bertha is so petite? She actually commuted back & forth from college last year. She came home for Spring Break last March because Ella thought she was doing poorly. Being a good madre & all, I re-potted Bertha, fertilized her & put her in some lovely indirect lite. Where she was promptly consumed, down to the dirt-line, by this creature...

Peek-a-Boo!


Here's Pepper, sleeping off last spring's late-afternoon snack. The good news, though, is that in the wake of the Spring Break Massacre, Bertha came back from the brink of death & was able to make the trip back to college again this year.

We're going green today courtesy of Candid Carrie & her Friday Foto Finish Fiesta. A quick disclaimer: No plants nor kitty cats were harmed in the taking of these fotos, all by Ella Numera Dos. TGIF!

14 comments:

Vodka Logic said...

Cute kitty, doesn't look guilty at all lol..

xx

Tammy Howard said...

I had plants in college. Draw your own conclusions.

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

I didn't have plants in college...still don't have them. I can't seem to keep them alive. I think it's that watering thing...I always forget to water!

Stopping by from SITS.

knit1kids4 said...

Yes, kitty's and plants don't mix well do they. I have one plant... and it's up where my kitties can't reach it.

Love the kitty picture!

Mountain Woman said...

So glad these plants are well loved and enjoying the college experience and I'm glad the most beautiful plant survived the kitty attack :-) I had plants in my dorm room but that was more years ago than I'd like to share.

cat said...

I seriously do not have green fingers at all. Off course I love the kitty.

Alicia said...

hahaaa!! i love it!! that was hilarious! the picture just topped it all off. :)

Susie said...

I have tons of plants because I can't have cats:-( Allergic:-(

LadyStyx said...

Had a cat that would do that. I was forever finding teeth marks in my plants.

Shawn said...

I can't keep plants. I kill them. Not on purpose, of course, but I kill them....

Tara said...

I love the plant names.

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Cute cat the way it sleeps--I used to have one that slept that way too. In fact, I learned to sleep like that from my cat! (Covering my eyes with my arm)

Gypsy Lala said...

Lovely plants.

Miss Jo said...

The plants all seem to have little personalities. Do you think Fluffy Ruffy is related to Frank's Fluffy Ruffle ?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin