Monday, September 14, 2009

Ella Numera Dos Collaborates with Giada

Giada's Fusilli

Once upon a time, there was a young woman named Ella Numera Dos. At the impressionable age of 16, she loved all things beautiful: clothes, shoes, art, food.

Above all, she listened to the rumblings in her tummy. But she also believed in presentation, a trait inherited from her Baba.

One weekend, the young woman's Mamasita, Mrs. Scribe, had to scurry out of town. The child was left, more-or-less, to her own devices, since her Dad, Mr. Fairway, was in charge. The young woman skipped swim practice, slept in, and scheduled a manicure.

While getting her nails done later that Saturday afternoon, Ella Numera Dos met foodie Giada De Laurentis, she of Food Network Fame. Giada was whipping up an attractive dish for her program, Everyday Italian. Ella stared at the plasma hanging on the wall behind the manicurist. Her tummy rumbled. The lightbulb went off upstairs, where Ella does her most serious thinking when matters of the tummy are involved.

After all, her Mamasita was out of town. Dad doesn't cook ~ much. Wouldn't it be fantabulous to surprise the 'Rents on Sunday evening, when the family was scrambling for something to eat?

The next afternoon, Mrs. Scribe walked into her kitchen to the most delectable of smells. Pasta boiling on the stove; garlic sautéeing in an adjacent pan; Ella Numera Dos grating Asiago cheese, then chopping spinach & halving cherry tomatoes.

We've enjoyed this recipe multiple times since Ella introduced it to us 3 years ago. The recipe for this gorgeous, delicious dish appears below. One note: The Scribe Family goes a little heavier on the cheese than Giada. It's all a matter of taste, I suppose.

Fusilli with Spinach & Asiago Cheese

Brought to you by Giada De Laurentis & Ella Numera Dos

Ingredients
1 pound fusilli pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (9-ounce) bag fresh spinach, roughly chopped
8 ounces (1/2 pint) cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup (about 3 1/2-ounces) grated Asiago
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly
ground black pepper

Directions
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, warm olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 more minutes. Add the cooked pasta and toss. Add the cheeses, salt, pepper, and the pasta cooking liquid and stir to combine.
Transfer the pasta to a serving plate and serve. Preparation time: 20 minutes. Serves 4 Scribes nicely, with a tad left over for lunch the next day!

22 comments:

quilly said...

You just made my tummy rumble! I may just have to try this! (We're very fond of Asiago, too).

Mama Mel said...

Mmmm... This looks delicious! And, simple to make! :) I am sure my hubby would love this, so I'll have to save the recipe and make it for him (and me) sometime! Yum!

Miss Jo said...

Super yummy recipe. Way to go Dos ! You will be a success, with tummy and head in sync ! xo

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

MMMM so glad I came over to visit from SITS. I will be buying the ingredients today and giving this a whir. I also enjoy your writing :)

blueviolet said...

That looks amazing and I'm pretty sure I can handle making it. I'm seriously considering having that for dinner TONIGHT.
Thanks for the recipe!

Amy said...

Mmmm, food.

Yaya said...

Oh wow, I wanna come home to that!

Tater Tot Mom said...

That sounds so good! Had spaghetti and chicken parm last night but this has me thinking Italian again tonight!

Aren't all things better with more cheese! Stopping in from SITS!

Genny said...

This looks DELICIOUS! We are big pasta eaters... I'm going to make this.

The Blonde Duck said...

I love that! The recipe and the story is so cute!

Brian, the old man said...

Sound Yummy!

Susie said...

Yummo!!

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Made this for dinner tonight! I thank you, my husband thanks you, my children thank you oh yeah and a shout out to Giada, I guess. :) Loved it!

carma said...

That does look delicious. I love pasta dishes like this.

And isn't Giada the best. She always looks so fabulous in addition to cooking well - darn her ;-)

LadyStyx said...

*listens to her tummy rumble*

Household6 said...

You have such a great blog here.

This sounds yummy.. We love pasta in this house, so I will try this soon!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Tara said...

What a wonderful story to go with a wonderful dish. I might need to put this on this week's menu.

Anonymous said...

hi people. I'm really into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that meticulous make. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are about 340 dollars everwhere. But completely I base this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi bros. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices seeking the boots are all over 190 dollars on every site. But definitively I found this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hi people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging for that singular brand. The prices for the shoes were all over 230 dollars everwhere. But finally I base this area selling them for half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hello bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching as far as something that particular make. The prices as regards the shoes were all over 250 dollars on every page. But for all I found this area selling them for half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what can you tell me about these?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin