Friday, September 25, 2009

Avidya Got Ya Down? Try Beach Yoga

Beach Yoga

Avidya: According to The Yoga Glossary, this term means "ignorance." As in, Principal Man disturbed the peace of my ashram with several inane decisions. Or, in my review of hundreds of student assignments this past week, I've come to feel that avidya kinda vibe. And ~ but of course ~ Back-to-School Nite, being the silly & exhausting ritual that it is, has left me still somewhat jet-lagged.

Aside from the asinine, my shanti (peace) has also been a tad askew since Mr. Fairway entered the hospital yesterday for knee replacement surgery.

But (Praise the Lord), miracles of miracles, Principal Man has kept his mouth shut of late (the last couple of days); my student journalistas had a sucessful day at a state-sponsored workshop (more on taking teens on field trips later), & Mr. Fairway is on the mend, scheduled to return home mañana. All is right with the world ~ or close enough, which is good enough for moi.

A brief comment on this Superior Snap. Shot by Ella Numera Dos at Newport Beach in SoCali. The two chicas are Hayley & Big Sis Ella Numera Una.

We've got a peaceful, easy feeling today. Candid Carrie's Friday Foto Finish Fiesta & SkyWatch Friday deemed it should be so.


20 comments:

quilly said...

Open House has got to be my least favorite part of the school year. Who designed that torture anyway? Parents come to those things on their worst behavior!

Vodka Logic said...

I always try to behave on parents night.. lol.

Vodka Logic said...

It's all the horrible flashbacks of school years that gets the best of us.

Amy said...

Glad things are fixing to look up. Yoga on the beach looks like a spectacular idea.

Christine said...

The photo of the two yoga posers on the beach is fab! Looks really peaceful.
Isn't it wonderful when all is right (or close enough) with the world? Yep, your brain on yoga. Love it!

bluecottonmemory said...

I enjoy meeting my kids parents on Open House night, especially when they get old enough they change classes and have more teachers. It's rushed, but I like making that contact. I'm sorry you have experienced ugly-bug parents.

However, I will say that as a college comp instructor for years, I am so glad I never had to deal with parents! My students had to do the work or they failed. No no child left behind, no parents whining that I'm working Johnney too hard.

You definitely get the guts award!

WackyMummy said...

Beautiful photo. =)

Tammy Howard said...

I hope the Mr. has a speedy recovery!

Halcyon said...

I would love to try beach yoga. I bet the sand helps with those balancing poses.

Susie said...

You can't help but feel peaceful with that shot!

Linnea W said...

Nice shot and pose!

Nikki said...

Very nice! Love that tree pose with arms overhead:) Aw I miss yoga. This makes me want to practice more! Peaceful is always the best, good luck with the parents night!

Veronica Lee said...

Yoga on the beach sounds good!!

That pic is beautiful!!

kyslp said...

Great picture. It's very peaceful.

☼¨`*•.♥Rocío♥.•*¨`☼ said...

AWESOME SHOT!

Yaya said...

sigh....I've had no time for yoga lately...

Tracy P. said...

Love the silhouettes! Get better fast Mr. Fairway!

LadyStyx said...

Get well soon Mr Fairway!

MammaDawg said...

Hope Mr. Fairway is well on the road to recovery =)

Miss Jo said...

Hope Mark is feeling well and his new knee is nifty....Gosh. I need to stay more current with my Scholastic Scribe ! Jeff sends his best too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin