Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sx3: Say CHEESE!

It's that time of the week again, Scribe Fans! And this time, we're goin' live with a real prize!


The Packers Pope

Some of you may know that The Scribe Family bleeds green & gold. In honor of The Green Bay Packers, you see. So, we're featuring The Packer Pope and his wench today.

Well, we're pretty sure he's not a Pope, & we have no idea if she's a wench. But take a gander at that cheese bra! And BTW, Mrs. Scribe decidedly did not take this Superior Snap. It comes to you courtesy of Football Fashion Fanatics. Who knew?

You know what to do, correctamundo? Just take a gander at this Superior Snap. Then conjure a funny caption. Tippy-type said caption real quick-like in the comments section of this post. And there you have it!

And what do you win for all your efforts? Why, a Wisconsin delicacy, that's what! In honor of the successful culmination of The Scribe Family's Great American Silo Tour, we're offering this week's Silly Sunday Sweepstakes winner a superior cheese & sausage gift box from the Mars Cheese Castle in Kenosha, WI. Specifically, the name of this package is Spotted Cow.

Real football fans can always use some cheese & sausage for either tailgating or telly-watching, right? And so, our Silly Sunday Sweepstakes will remain open thru Monday nite at 11:59 p.m. The winner~aka, the Scribe Fan who conjures the funniest caption, as judged by Mr. Fairway~will be announced right here on Tuesday morning.

So, what are you waiting for? Time to tickle Mrs. Scribe's funny bone, don'tcha know...

25 comments:

Vodka Logic said...

I guess I can play as long as the husband thinks you are Patriots fans... lol.

"All hail Cheese heads"

Lame..the best I can come up with in the middle of the night.
xx

Em said...

"...his eminence is quick to point out his love of Cheese Nips."

I'm so going to hell.

Tortuga said...

"And his eminence decrees that Favre shall be excommunicated from the holy church of Packer and be sentenced to wear gaudy colors for the rest of his career. His eminence knows gaudiness, according to his fair wench."

Tara R. said...

Em said 'cheese nips.' Bwahahah!

Best Sx3 so far.

TeachJ said...

Green Bay Pack and Cheese: It's The Cheesiest.

Dan River Mama said...

Wisconsin - A little piece of Heaven. Where the streets, crackers, and what looks like Sarah Jessica Parker, are paved with gold...

JennyMac said...

"Yes my child...your cheese brassiere is heavenly."


And I have an award for you!

LadyStyx said...

What? No they don't have a problem with me being here, it's perfectly acceptible. Why? Well because my cheese is holy!

June Freaking Cleaver said...

Under this robe, I've got a box of crackers and my "summer sausage"...party!

Nance said...

"If we have faith, Favre will rise again."

Natalie Jane said...

"Please excuse my crass language my child, but this game stinks".

Mister Teacher said...

"Sarah Jessica Parker's initial concerns about moving the Sex and the City sequel to Green Bay proved to be well-founded when she found herself wearing the Incredible Edible Cheddable Bra and seated next to Pope Cheesus IV."

OK, hope that wins, but I gotta say, I love the Cheese Nips comment...

Susie said...

I can't top Em's! That's the best!

Maricris Zen Mama said...

"Holy Pope! This wench sure got some huge boobcheesies!" - LOL that's all I can come up with.

Trudy said...

This is funny! Not quite as funny is that we have your future hall of fame ex-quarterback on our team now. That's right...we're border rivals. I'm just not on the Favre wagon yet...it might take the better part of the season!

Want him back?

Tracy P. said...

Stick with cheddar, people. I'd rather not see this scene in Swiss.

Tammy Howard said...

As penance, my child,... (oh, who am I kidding? I read 'cheese nips' and drew a blank. Where do you go from there, I asks ya?)

Quilly said...

Pope, to wench: "I think I have a cheese wedgie."

I am new here and this is how I try to make a good impression? Probably I should go now.

Lauren From Texas said...

the cheese bra!!! HAHAHAHAH

Margaret said...

Thanks for the comment. My only hints for hummers are 4 parts water to 1 part sugar for the mixture, bring it to a boil then let it cool. Have at least 2 feeders set 5 to 6 feet apart. I add an additional 1/4 cup water to one of the feeders to make it a slightly weaker solution. The dominant males and females will feed at the stronger feeder and the other birds will feed at the weaker solution feeder. This helps keep fighting down. Make sure to put your feeders out at least one to two weeks before the hummingbirds usually arrive. This helps draw birds to your yard that might keep on going if the feeders are not out. Clean feeders out with a mild bleach solutions at least once per week and refill with fresh solution. That all I've got!!!

I'm glad that your daughter is OK!

Shawn said...

Em should surely win this one....

So funny!

I got nothing today.....sigh....too tired.

Honey Mommy said...

"Watch out, or the Pope might give you a wedgie!"

shraddha/april@theselfloveproject said...

ok this was funny..lol!!

really good one! you have way with words..

shraddha

Bilbo said...

The Bishop of Munster wonders - just for a moment - if other types of milk might make for a creamier cheese.

I'm going to hell with Em.

Teri said...

I'm feeling pretty gouda today, thanks for asking.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin