Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sx3: Presidential Pardon?


Presidential Pardon?

Today, Mrs. Scribe's Silly Sunday Sweepstakes features a veritable blast from the past. Here's President Richard Nixon's 1970 meeting with none other than The King ~ Elvis, but of course.

You know what to do to help us commemorate the 30th anniversary of Elvis's untimely demise, correctamundo? Just take a gander at this Superior Snap. Then conjure a caption and tippy-type said caption in the comments section of this post.

We've just been thru quite an ordeal. A cross-country trek, plus the untimely crapping out of Ella Numera Una's car in downtown Chicago. But more on that later.

What The Scribe Family needs today is a good damn laugh. You won't win anything tangible this time around for giving us a giggle, except for Mrs. Scribe's love & long-lasting admiration. And what could be better than that?

15 comments:

Bilbo said...

Nixon: "I have just GOT to get me one of those belt buckles!"

TeachJ said...

Nixon (internal monologue): Maybe shaking the hand of Elvis will get my popularity out of the toilet damn it. All I have to do is get this picture on the front of every newspaper in the country.

Elvis (internal monologue): Can't even get a Pepsi and a Moon Pie at the White House, damn Yankees.

Robynbeth said...

I am just shocked that you can doubt their sincerity.

Marrdy said...

The King meets the Crook!

Miss Jo said...

Elvis, things for me would have turned out better if you had just accepted the job as chief of staff or my counsel.
Glad everyone arrived safely to Badger land...sorry to hear of Una's coche.

Tara R. said...

"I am Not a... Hunka, hunka burning love!

The Nixon/Elvis mash-up!

Tortuga said...

Elvis: You see that peanut butter and banana sandwich over there?

Nixon: Uh huh

Elvis: race ya for it

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

"I vont to suck your blood"

"Don't kid yourself King, I'm one cold blooded cyborg."

Vodka Logic said...

I knew I should have picked The King as my running mate instead of that Agnew guy.

quilly said...

Elvis: [smiling for the camera while muttering] "You know, Dick, ya ain't nothin' but a hound dog."

Ginger said...

Nixon: I told you to wear something inconspicous for the break in.. I mean mission. Damn Elvis. They're gonna know it's you and then you'll have to fake your own death to get the media off your back. Come on! Work with me.

Susie said...

Nixon: "Vegas...that's it...let's blow this popsicle stand and go to Vegas".

Elvis: "Not for all the peanut butter and banana sandwiches in the world":-)

LadyStyx said...

*laffin*

Some of these comments were great!

Yaya said...

"You ain't nothin' but a President"

Tracy P. said...

Oh no! Sorry Una!

Has it really been 30 years?? I remember it, so that really shouldn't be possible!

I second Marrdy. :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin