Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Potpourri Post Never Smelled So Sweet...


Luke is a young man up in Northeastern Wisconsin who had his whole life ahead of him, until he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Friends and family wanted to get the word out about Luke's condition & those of others like him. So they turned to CaringBridge.

Forget Facebook, Twitter & even Blogger (except, please don't forget about Mrs. Scribe!). CaringBridge, started in 1997, was one of the first social networking blogs & offers free, personalized Web sites that support and connect loved ones during critical illness, treatment and recovery. You can learn more about Luke's story & others like him on this poignant site. More than 155,000 personalized Web pages have been created thru this service in the last 12 years. Pretty amazing, right?

Luke

How did I find out about Luke & the great service that CaringBridge offers to the loved ones of those seriously ill? Thru my SIL, Aunt Julie, of course. She's your go-to blogger whenever you need to know the latest...

Aunt Julie & Soccer Boy

...or, if you just want to have your funny bone tickled a tad. Here's a Superior Snap of Julie & her youngest, Soccer Boy, out on the lake last summer. The shot was captured by Julie's eldest, Big Bear.

But wait, there's more...I'm including Aunt Julie & her fab blog, Eat Your Veggies! in today's post, because she's up for a pretty big award, & I need your help to make her dream come true!

Aunt Julie, her predecessor Veggie Mom, plus their fabu blog, Eat Your Veggies!, are finalists in the Mommy Blogger of the Year Contest. That's correctamundo, Scribe Fans. I told you this was big, big, BIG!

All you have to do to help us out is visit Project Mommyhood. Look for the poll on the right-hand side of the blog, and cast your vote for Veggie Mom. Voting is open until the end of the month. Please, vote early~and often!

The Packers Pope

His eminence is quick to point out his love of Cheese Nips.

We had so many cute caption entries in our latest Silly Sunday Sweepstakes, but alas, Mr. Fairway could only pick one winner. Em, the Superior Scribbler from over at Life, Liberty and the Pursuit...wins the Spotted Cow cheese & sausage gift box from the Mars Cheese Castle in Kenosha, WI. Please send me your contact info Em, & Happy Snacking!

St. Peter's Rome

Oh, and speaking of "Popes," I have some great news to report. Ella Numera Una's Superior Snap of St. Peter's Square in Vatican City was picked up by online travel guide publisher Schmap. The shot, originally featured in Ella's turn as a Scribe Guest-Blogger, was hanging out on my Flickr page when it found fame & fortune. Congrats, chica!

17 comments:

Alicia said...

congrats to her!! and the pictures are fantastic!

Yaya said...

Oh my gosh, cheese nips.

Vodka Mom said...

i love Caring Bridge- my cousin suffered from a rare form of melanoma three years ago.

They were incredibly supportive and wonderful.

He survived and is doing fine....

Tammy Howard said...

What a cool post - I learned, I laughed, I cried - this little post had it all!

Em said...

Wow!!! Thanks so much Melissa!! I may have to bronze the box since this is the first time I've ever been "paid" for my writing - for Cheese Nips no less :-)

I'll send you my info...thanks!

Em said...

P.S. thanks to you too Mr. Fairway!!

Mom of Three said...

Congrats to your SIL and to your daughter. And love the cheese nips. Thanks for sharing the word on CaringBridge.

kanishk said...

What a cool post - I learned, I laughed, I cried - this little post had it all!
Domain registration india

LadyStyx said...

LOL! That was a most awesome comment. Congrats, Em.

shraddha/april@theselfloveproject said...

congratulations!!

cool cool post...lovely pictures!

i love visitng your blog..

The Blonde Duck said...

That's such a good thing! Kudos to her!

And that cheese bra? I should get one for Halloween...

Miss Jo said...

Thanks for the info on Caring Bridge. Wish I had known about it when taking care of Baba...Congrats on Veggie Mom's nomination. She's my go-to gateway for things in the land of chesse nips. I've already voted !...Great snap, too by Dos, now a published photographer !

Amandasaurus said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Hahaha the cheese nips caption was priceless.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Congrats to Ella - that's quite a big deal.

Caring Bridge is a wonderful site - it's how we keep up with our friend's daughter who is close in age to Monsoon. I think it also helps parents vent and cope to get it all out there.

La Belle Mere UK said...

Waaaah - cheese nips!!! So funny.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!! And for the birthday wishes.

LBM xxx

Flory said...

Informative, funny, sad, interesting - I enjoyed your post.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Susie said...

Em deserved to win! That was classic!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin