Today we're playing Odd Shots Monday. This photo meme, hosted by Katney's Kaboodle, usually involves an "unusual" snap. And the theme just fits right in with the oddball collection of "stuff" I'd like to announce today.
Shradda & April, over at The Self Love Project, included me in a game of Picture Tag. The object is to open your first photo folder on the computer. Scroll down to the 10th photo. Post that photo and story on your blog. Tag three others (or more) friends to do the same.
OK, kids, I've posted my Superior Snap. I challenge these bloggers to do the same:
OK, now we're into the "bling" part of our program. Amy, who blogs over at One Size Fits All, blinged me while I was at the beach. Sorry, hon, for just now getting around to this! Five little ol' rules accompany this accolade:
- “The Honest Scrap” award must be shared.
- The recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves that no one else knows.
- The recipient has to pass along the award to 10 more bloggers.
- Those 10 bloggers all have to be notified they have been given this award.
- Those 10 bloggers should link back to the blog that awarded them.
So, here goes nuthin':
- Amy is a graduate of Our Humble High School. In fact, she was a newspaper editor under Mrs. Scribe! I'd like to say I taught her everything she knows, but that would be a lie.
- School starts for moi on August 31. I'm looking forward to it for some strange reason this year.
- Last year's newspaper staff at Our Humble High School just racked up a bunch of awards in an important state contest. In fact, the staff won more individual attaboys than any previous staff under Mrs. Scribe's jurisdiction except for Amy's staff, which won the most!
- I throw lefty, but I bat righty.
- I can say the alphabet backwards. My Nana taught me.
- I've broken the ring finger on my left hand 7 times.
- I'm related to both General Robert E. Lee & Merriweather Lewis, the guy of Lewis & Clark fame.
- I've been married longer than many of you have been on this Earth.
- As a high-schooler, I attended a Doors concert with a press pass that gave me access to the stage. I got to see Jim Morrison drink himself into a stupor & then promptly forget the words to "Light My Fire."
- I went to the same high school as Steve Miller, of The Steve Miller Band. He's older, though. And probably wiser.
I'm required by law & all that is holy to pass this groovy award along to 10 most-deserving bloggers. Here goes:
- Fractured Toy
- Magical Mystery Teacher
- Optimistic Cynicism
- Show My Face
- Teacher Girl
- Ignorant Historian
- The Dark Side of the Chalkboard
- The Journey
- Turtle Droppings
The bling gets even sweeter, from here on out...
Remember Soccer Boy & the drippy cone? I posted this Superior Snap in an attempt to win a year's worth of ice cream. The contest, sponsored by 5 Minutes for Mom, closed out at the end of July. And guess what? Your Humble Scribe is a winner! Well, I didn't win the Grand Prize, but any free ice cream is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, as Uncle Lewie used to say!
And yes, it's true, y'all...I love to read. Which is why winning a book in a giveaway is such a sweet surprise! Lisa M. from Chaos Chronicles just gifted me with The Friends We Keep, by Sarah Zacharias Davis. Looks like a lovely way to while away the hours, waiting for school to start. It's supposed to be a good read, so I'm psyched!
And last, but certainly not least, recently annointed Superior Scribbler Jenny Mac over at Let's Have a Cocktail bestowed this beautiful bling on me just yesterday. She wanted to thank those who've been kind to her recently, so she created the I Give Good Blog Award. Here are the rules, according to Ms. Mac:
"No one really likes rules, do they? I shall make mine simple," Jenny says. "Make a cocktail, pick out some of your favorite bloggers. Send this award to 4 of them. Tell them why you think they give good blog. There are SO many fascinating, witty, and fantastic bloggers; let's invite them all to the party.
"Or you can just put it on your mantle and watch it sparkle. And if you think it sassy that I created my own Award, just consider it a grown up and virtual version of a friendship bracelet." Thanks, Jenny! Couldn't have said it better myself.
The cocktail I choose is Jenny M.'s Watermelon Bloody Mary. And the bloggers I choose, because they're inveterate Scribe Fans, are: