Friday, August 28, 2009

Martha Stewart? 2 Thumbs Up!


For those of you who've followed our recent saga about schlepping across the country, here's the payoff. Ella Numera Una is just about finished decorating her crib, which is, of course, the most important thing about being an asipiring lawyer chick.


2 Thumbs Up!

First, we have the living room. Roomie gives this arrangement 2 Thumbs Up!

La Fireplace Roja

Here's the living room from another angle. We call this Superior Snap La Fireplace Roja. Check out the Bucky Badger table my SIL crafted for the chica as a graduation present! And yes, those are shot glasses on the mantle of the fireplace. Strictly for decoration purposes, of course! And that's an old hat tree to the left of the fireplace. It's a repository for all of the chicas' scarves. That's their new "fashion statement," & adds to the colorful decor, don't you think?

We *Heart* Sunflowers!

Yes, indeedy...they certainly *heart* color in this household. And Georgia O'Keefe, too, whose pretty poppies are hanging on the wall there above a vase of stunning sunflowers.

Peaches & Pillows

One more angle on the living room, with the dining alcove behind the couch. We call this Superior Snap Peaches & Pillows. The girls love their art, don't they? All I can say is that this furniture started out in the pod as boring, ugly hand-me-downs. Wouldn't Martha be proud?

The work of these 2 budding interior decorators is brought to you today by Candid Carrie & her Friday Foto Finish Fiesta. We'll be bringing you some more Superior Snaps tomorrow for 6-Word Saturday!

17 comments:

Vodka Logic said...

Very eclectic, my favorite theme
xx

Alicia said...

it's so vibrant and fun!! love the sunflowers!

Kitty said...

I love the red brick fireplace. Did you paint it yourself, or did it come that way?

Tammy Howard said...

Love it! I bet they'll be very happy there - how could they not?

Susie said...

What an awesome looking apartment! Ahhhh....to be young again!!

JennyMac said...

Popping with color! Very fun.

Tara R. said...

Looks like the perfect chick pad. (that made me sound so old.) Congrats on the new place.

Reviewer11 said...

Cool! It's so good to have a room decorated in one's taste. I love the pink pillow. :)

Thanks for posting a comment on my blog. I'll be reviewing more books very soon. Have a wonderful weekend. :D

Amy said...

What a cute apartment! Jealous.

Jeanette said...

Sending a Hiya back to ya. Thanks for visiting my blog via SITS!
Love your blog!

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

Fran said...

I love all those colours! Cozy and fun!!!

Thank you for commenting on my Very Random blog! Have a great Friday!

Fran

Ronnica said...

That looks like a great place to study. Lots and lots of studying! Seriously though, it's very welcoming!

Tara said...

I like the red fireplace. Much better than my college pad.

Yeah, I'm Still Here... said...

Wow, the place looks great! Oh but doesn't it just make you want to cry just a little...

Candid Carrie said...

Two words: ON WISCONSIN!

Thanks for sending your Baby Moo in my direction!

Happy Fx4, Carrie

carma said...

verrrrry nice. The girls did well :D

Miss Jo said...

Martha doesn't have anything on these chiquitas. Fabulous crib to hang and study. Love the tie-dye. Congratulations to Dos !

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin