Friday, August 7, 2009

Fx4: I Think I May Be Getting Too Old for This...

I've been out of the cyber-loop the last 3 days. I've neglected my daily visits, I've been distracted from the social commitment that blogging requires. See, the thing is...I went to a concert Tuesday nite, & have just about recovered. Did I mention the concert was 3 days ago?

Your Humble Scribe, the one who was always the first to buy tix Back in the Day, the first to stand in line at all hours of the nite (remember, this was before the Internet & online ticket sales), the first to make sure she'd secured the Tour T-Shirt, rocked out Tuesday nite & is still feeling...well, a tad tired. But probably not as tired as these folks...

blondie

...Debbie Harry & her band, Blondie, who have been rocking out for more than 30 years. Then there's the Angry Rock Goddess herself...

Pat Benatar

...who taught all of us young women of the '70s & '80s that anger is a good thing. Hit Me With Your Best Shot, because, of course, Love is a Battlefield.

The dynamic double-bill, with an opening act from '90s girl band The Donnas, came to our backyard at Wolftrap National Park for the Performing Arts, so we could hardly ignore them. This fabu venue is set on a former horse farm, spread over 130 acres, & is the only National Park dedicated to the performing arts. If you've never been to a concert on the Lawn at Wolftrap, you need to put it on your bucket list.

In fact, I'd rank Wolftrap's Lawn right up there with DC's other national treasures; you know, those ones, named after Mr. Washington & Mr. Jefferson. The ones that ring the Tidal Basin.

wolftrap lawn

Bottom line? I rocked out with My Peeps 3 days ago, & have yet to fully recover. But I'm going to the beach today, so I'm sure all soon will be right with the world.

After all, Debbie Harry just turned 64. The Angry Rock Goddess is 57. Both were full of energy Tuesday nite, & delivered the goods, from opening chords to frenetic finales. Blondie even did a slow-beat, synthesizer-infused Michael Jackson tribute, riffing Ska-style to "Don't Stop."

Wolftrap was the midway stop on a 20-city tour. I'd call that invincible, wouldn't you? I know Candid Carrie would!

And yes, to answer your question, I did buy the Tour T-Shirt, pictured below. And you probably already know this, but I feel the need to "come clean." These Superior Snaps are courtesy of Wolftrap, the respective artists' labels & the 2009 tour. Natch.

Call Me Invincible Tour

12 comments:

Amy said...

So, so, so jealous. I like Blondie enough, but there are few better things than blasting Pat while driving with the window down, pretending you can go kick some serious ass.

Tammy Howard said...

I'm seeing this show tonight from the sixth row! You have managed to make me even MORE psyched than I already was!

Also? I love Wolftrap

Yaya said...

I can't remember if I came by to officially thank you for the Target gift card? Thank you! I used half of it to get a nice frame for the pictures I had taken of our memorial trees for our babies.

Susie said...

Wow!! How fun was that!! It's too bad we don't bounce back like we used to! Great T-Shirt!!!!

Fer*Cambe said...

Oh yeahhh!!! A concert with 3 day recovery is most definitely a fantastic concert!

Miss Jo said...

Love the poster. It's good to know that Debbie Harry still rocks after all these years and so does Melissa B.! (Natch). Was there dancing involved ?
Hey, a three-day, post-rock-concert rest ain't bad either.

HappyChyck said...

Rock on! Love that t-shirt design! How time flies! My very first *cassette* purchase was Autoamerican, but that was only 29 years ago.

Ginger said...

I would've LOVED this!! Dude. Taking three days to recover is not a sign that you are..ahem.. maturing. It'sa sign that you ROCKED HARD!

Bad ass! Truly.

LadyStyx said...

That t-shirt design friggn RAWKS! Man that had to be on HELLUVA concert.

Eva Gallant said...

Love the shirt!

Marrdy said...

Oh man, what a concert! I would have loved to see them. I haven't been to concert in ages. Probably because it would take me 3 days to recoop too!

MissKris said...

Debbie Harry is 64?! Do you know, when Blondie and Pat Benatar were at their peak, for personal reasons I was about as far away from music as I could be. Movies, too, and TV. That's a lost decade for me, as far as pop culture is concerned. I am not even familiar with their music...can you believe it? Hmmmmmm...maybe I should blog about that. I'm so glad you had a good time!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin