Monday, August 31, 2009

Back-to-School Blahs...Swing Your Troubles Away

No, I'm not an elementary school teacher, & yes, I'm quasi-excited to be going back to Our Humble High School . But today will be filled with meetings, meetings & more meetings. And, of course, we're really looking forward to all of the mind-numbing inservices that will be slung our way in the name of "professionalism."

When the
Scribe Women feel a tad unsettled, they always head for the playground.


School Daze

Ye Olde Playground has received quite the upgrade since my chicas were ensconced here. I was a tad concerned during a field trip up there yesterday ~ I couldn't locate the swings, which are a source of great solace to us when under stress.

Prison Swings?

I finally found the little buggers, up near the new wing of the school. Also built after my kids' time here. When they were in elementary school, trailers were the norm. Framed against the typical public school construction, these swings look a little like they belong in a prison yard, don't you think?

Shadow Swings

Here's a more sanguine view. But I'm pretty sure both of these Superior Swing Snaps foreshadow the year to come. Depending on your point of view, of course.

Swinging Toes

Took a few minutes, en route to the grocery store, to sit back, relax & ponder my fate. And swing. I'm sure I'll have more than a few tall tales to tell this week. And they'll all be true, too. Wish me luck!

19 comments:

Alicia said...

FUN!! i hope your spirits were lifted after a fun swing session!

Tammy Howard said...

There is just something about that, no? My youngest is eleven. I wanted to take down the swing set in our back yard this summer. She nearly cried. We left it up.

Tara R. said...

The power of a good, relaxing swing cannot be underestimated. Good luck this year at Humble High School.

Amy said...

Funny, I was just contemplating a similar trip.

Lanie said...

Ha! Relaxing for you! Swinging makes me nauseous. Isn't that sad? No peace to be found there for me. Hope you have a fantastic week. I just dropped in from SITS to say hello!

Genny said...

Good for you! Love the "point of view" shot!

Mom of Three said...

Gosh I forgot how much fun it was to swing, and your last pic just brought back great memories.

Stephanie Faris said...

I love swings. And yes...I love those older swings with the chains. They seemed sturdier than the ones they put in today.

S3XinthePantry said...

Ahhhh...swinging is great stress relief.

knit1kids4 said...

Swings are my favorite thing, and my youngest's too. She could swing forever.

Susie said...

Good luck! I can't wait to hear your tales:-)

Reviewer11 said...

Aw that's fun. :) It's so good to reminisce to the fun times one had.

Thanks for posting a comment on my blog. Did you meant the character "Harriet the spy?"

LadyStyx said...

Swinging always manages to drive the blahs away. If only for a little while.

The Blonde Duck said...

Excuse me. I'm going to go swing now.

Columbia Lily said...

ahhhhhhh.......staff development is the awesomest.

Shawn said...

Yes, how I LOVE to swing---you know, lean waaaaayyyy back and watch the world upside down----so fantastic!

Miss Jo said...

Pondering your fate or your feet ? Quite a cosmic playground for the elementary school.

Anonymous said...

I have only used this product one time since I purchased it. I purchased it specifically for a special occasion where I would have my hair down. I have tight

curly hair gets very big and frizzy as it dries. The product did define the curls and they did not frizz after they dried. I have not used it regularly because I usually keep my hair pulled back in a twist.

I am satisfied with the product, but I prefer to use the Moroccanoil oil for daily use.

Anonymous said...

I have to say this stuff dries and holds the curls in place for great curl

definition. I dont like that my curls were rather dry though. I'd say you must must must use the oil or some sort of moisturizer w/this product if you have thick (curly hair: type 3C) hair like mine.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin