Saturday, August 1, 2009

6-Word Saturday: Smells Like Team Spirit


Head coach

The end of the season begins.

Yup, we're all wrapped up in summer swimming. Since Memorial Day we've been attending potlucks, meets, strategy sessions and sleepovers. Today's the last meet of the season. Ella Numera Dos, being one of the coaches, will rise before the sun to make it to the All-Star Meet, where the best of the best will show us who's who and what's what.

Not expecting any Michael Phelps performances, but as I told you yesterday, the best part of summer swimming is not showing what you've got in the pool, but on the pool deck.

Smells like team spirit.

Wanted to share one more snap from Mini-Me Day. This is the Head Coach & his 10-year-old protégé. Not a single detail has been neglected, down to the skull & crossbones (we adopt a Pirate theme every summer. Don't ask me why...the team mascot is a cardinal!) on the shorts and the caps.

Happy 6-Word Saturday! Cate at Show My Face is your hostess today...

17 comments:

Tammy Howard said...

Mini me day is too too fun! Cute pic!

Laura said...

It's always a little sad when summer activities come to an end. School here starts next Friday. Love the outfits.

Happy SITS Share Fest!

monica said...

Cute picture. Stopping in from SWS. Have a great Saturday

Call Me Cate said...

It blows my mind to hear so many folks talking about the end of summer. In one way it makes me very sad. In another, I'm glad to think the heat will return to a reasonable level soon.

Vodka Mom said...

six words?

find me a new washing machine.

Amy said...

An old swim team cheer popped into my head the other night, I think thanks to your entries.

Tara R. said...

That's great that the instructors and their students have bonded so close. Says to me they are doing something really good.

Six words:

The house does not clean itself

HappyChyck said...

Love it!

carma said...

They OWN those outfits :D (Just trying to sound hip and cool)

Becca said...

What a cute picture!

Susie said...

I can't believe it is August already. Our swimming ends this week and school is just around the corner!! Yikes!!! I will have my house back!!

LadyStyx said...

Even their tans almost match!

Z's Mom said...

Very cute subjects...both of them! ;)

AudreyO said...

Really adorable photo. Hope the day was fun for all.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

When one season ends
another begins—this circle
is what life’s about.

My Six Words

theselfloveproject said...

so much fun..

very cute pic..

love following you..

Marrdy said...

I'm late...hope the meet went well.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin