Monday, August 17, 2009

500 Posts: So Who's a Superior Scribbler Now?

Superior Scribbler Award

Hi there, Scribe Fans! Coming to you today from my 501st post~which means I've beaten the odds.

Those who know say that most blogs don't have much staying power. One blogging "expert" tells us that with 60-80 percent of all new blogs shutting down less than a month after startup, "The 'average blog' thus has the lifespan of a fruitfly."

So that's why I'm downright ecstatic. I've been toiling over here at The Scholastic Scribe for 17 months now, and yesterday's Silly Sunday Sweepstakes clocked in as Post 500.

Therefore, don't mind me if I do a little celebrating today. I'm handing out some big-time bling~my patented Superior Scribbler Award, which I inaugurated last October. As of this writing, we've bestowed this coveted piece of flair on 820 bloggers~and counting~worldwide.

What is a Superior Scribbler? One who employs mad skillz to communicate in this crazy, crazy world. Who pontificates, explains, memorializes & entertains. Who has a funny bone & is not afraid to use it. Whose cyber-crib we return to again & again, because it just feels right.

As I've explained in this space before, this blogging janx is the perfect forum for my love affair with the written word. And I created The Superior Scribbler Award to honor those who share my passion.

So, I'm spreading the wealth. Of course, as with every Bloggy Award, there are a few rules. They are, forthwith:

  • Each Superior Scribbler I name today must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to this post, which explains The Award.
  • Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog

Now that we've dispatched with the formalities, cue the drumroll, please. And because I've reached the 500 mark, I'm blinging 10 of y'all today. You, in turn, should pass this along to 5 Superior Scribblers, OK?

31 comments:

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

Congrats!!! all around ; -) Since I passed the one year mark, I have noticed some friends I have made out here when I began blogging have left. It's hard, I miss them.

You have a few I have not read i your list. I must check them out.

Here's to your 1,000th post!

shraddha@theselfloveproject said...

congratulations to all..

i am only 2 months old...hopefully i will having staying power..

Yaya said...

Happy 501st post!

Amy said...

Thank you muchly! Hope you're having a low-stress time moving the chicas.

Jennifer Juniper said...

Wow, I can't wait to check out some of your superior scribers! Hello from sits :)

Tammy Howard said...

Aw, COOL! Thanks for the recognition! I am both honored and humbled. 500 - good on ya! Now to think about passing this on...

Vodka Mom said...

MELISSA!!! I am blushing and very, very grateful.

I am also in awe of the fact that you have been around so long!!

I am toasting you as we speak. Where's the waitress???

Housewife Savant said...

Thank you of giving to me award with honor.
I am blush under heavy pancake of made up face to hide moustache of Stalin. (No vlog, you see.)
Truly of humble I am, to be so great and have you notice.

God, I crack myself UP.
Probly only me.
Thanks though, for real, and when I post/accept, I'll follow rules even.
I DO play well wth others.

Five hundred, woo hoo! Unimaginable.
Congrats to you!

Sandy said...

wow, 500 posts...I am in awe. Will I ever do it?

Aunt Julie said...

Congrats on 500...or should I say 501? There's a really good reason why you're the Original Superior Scribbler, oui?

Katie said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog & congrats on your 501st post!
I've actually been here before - one of my blogger buddies awarded me with the Superior Scribbler Award a few months ago :)

Jenn @ youknow... that blog? said...

Well - I'm honoured! Thank you for the award! I'll display it with pride.

Congratulations on 500+ posts - that is quite a milestone to reach. I enjoy your style, and look forward to seeing what you come up with each time. Here's the thousands more!

Susie said...

Congratulations!! That's a HUGE accomplishment:-)

Yankee Girl said...

That is so awesome! I'm coming up on my 100th post and I though that was a big deal!

Keep going strong because I love reading!

Marrdy said...

Wow, 500 posts. See if you had started a book you would now have almost 500 pages! Congratulations to the best writer in blogsville!

Tara said...

Congrats on the posts! I'm glad that you have staying power, and I enjoy seeing your award passed from blog to blog. I'm looking forward to the next 500 posts. :]

Fer*Cambe said...

500 posts! Amazing, if only I could get an award after your next 500!! Gonna put some heart in it!

Alicia said...

stop! you're making me blush!!! i'm glad you've found me worthy!! and holy crap...500 posts?????

JennyMac said...

Thank you...with so many blogs in the graveyard, and the fact that 50,000 new blogs are started a day, I applaud your great work. And here is to 500 more.

And thank you for recognizing me. I really appreciate it.

The Blonde Duck said...

What a great award! And congrats on your success!

Dr.John said...

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. 500 is good but I belong to a club all the members of which have at least 1000 blog entries. So when you reach a thousand we will welcome you in.
Since you reached this point I'm sure you can do it.

Preston said...

Gosh, I'm blushing for sure. Thanks so much for this wonderful award. You like me, you really like me! (Okay so I steal from Sally Fields...)

Deb said...

Congrats and long live The Scholastic Scribe!

I had two blogs perish within the first month before I started my current one, which has been going strong since April.

Looking forward to checking out your recommendations.

Tara R. said...

Congrats on your importante milestone and to your most deserving new Superior Scribbers!

Thank you for gifting us with new blogs (to me, anyway) to read.

Mister Teacher said...

Congratulations on your staying power!

Tiffany said...

Congrats on 500 posts! That is fantastic!

Dee said...

500. Girl you are more than superior you are an über Blogger, which is the same thing but it sounds cool.

Congrats. Visiting from SITS.

Kelly said...

Wow! Congrats on 500+ posts!

Mary @ The Writer's Block said...

Dropping by from SITS. Congrats, Melissa! I love looking around your blog. :)

Mrs4444 said...

Congrats to the winners, and congrats to you on your 500th post! May you have 5000+ more :)

Scorţişoară said...

Pfee... I am both honored and humbled. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin