Hi there, Scribe Fans! Coming to you today from my 501st post~which means I've beaten the odds.
Those who know say that most blogs don't have much staying power. One blogging "expert" tells us that with 60-80 percent of all new blogs shutting down less than a month after startup, "The 'average blog' thus has the lifespan of a fruitfly."
Therefore, don't mind me if I do a little celebrating today. I'm handing out some big-time bling~my patented Superior Scribbler Award, which I inaugurated last October. As of this writing, we've bestowed this coveted piece of flair on 820 bloggers~and counting~worldwide.
What is a Superior Scribbler? One who employs mad skillz to communicate in this crazy, crazy world. Who pontificates, explains, memorializes & entertains. Who has a funny bone & is not afraid to use it. Whose cyber-crib we return to again & again, because it just feels right.
As I've explained in this space before, this blogging janx is the perfect forum for my love affair with the written word. And I created The Superior Scribbler Award to honor those who share my passion.
So, I'm spreading the wealth. Of course, as with every Bloggy Award, there are a few rules. They are, forthwith:
- Each Superior Scribbler I name today must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
- Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
- Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to this post, which explains The Award.
- Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor.
- Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog
Now that we've dispatched with the formalities, cue the drumroll, please. And because I've reached the 500 mark, I'm blinging 10 of y'all today. You, in turn, should pass this along to 5 Superior Scribblers, OK?
- Amy, at One Size Fits All
- Alicia, at It Ain't Easy Being Cheesy
- Tammy, at Keep in Touch with Mommakin
- Vodka Mom, at I Need a Martini, Mom!
- Vodka Logic, at Vodka Logic
- Jenn, at You Know...That Blog?
- Preston, at Me and the Blue Skies
- Kelly, at Housewife Savant
- June Freaking Cleaver, at The Ratio of Failures
- JennyMac, at Let's Have a Cocktail