Saturday, July 25, 2009

Well, They're NOT the Christmas Breasts!


OK, Scribe Fans...time for 6-Word Saturday, brought to you by Cate at Show My Face. Today, Ella Numera Una gives us her take on the beaches of the Riviera. Una finishes off her week in Scribe Land with our Silly Sunday Sweepstakes tomorrow...stay tuned!

I saw lots of European boobs.

There, I said it. My 6 words.

Beaches in Europe are very different from beaches in the US. Europeans must be less worried about nudity, because there are topless women, of all ages, all sizes, all shapes, all ethnicities, EVERYWHERE.

Not that I was not prepared for it, because I've heard the European beach stories, yadda yadda, but seriously, everywhere. And not that I have a problem with it, either. I referred to this in my earlier post about Barcelona, and Cannes, France was no different.

After taking in the sites of Cannes (which is really just a bunch of ritzy hotels and fancy stores, and the theater that hosts the annual Cannes Film Fest) we spent the rest of the day on the beach. The beaches in Cannes are gorgeous!! And we saw lots of boobs. And Speedos.

Definitely NOT The Christmas Breasts. Seriously. Hey, 6 more words, huh?

French Riviera

Editor's Note: Ella Numera Dos, who just started the photoblog MOO, recently created a photography book that caught the attention of the folks over at the People's Choice Awards. Please vote for her here. Thank you for your support!

17 comments:

Tammy Howard said...

I cast my vote this morning.

There's six words for ya, sister!

Six more! I'm on a roll!

Somebody stop me! Seriously, please help...

Call Me Cate said...

They are certainly less prudish overseas.

Thanks for playing!

roadrunner201 said...

I know what you mean about Europe and speedos and breasts! I even saw a guy in a thong speedo. Um, yuck.
Happy SITS Sharefest to you, too!

Valencia said...

OMG that visual is burned in my head...make it stop...lol

Lizze said...

Well, now...that's certainly an eye-opener! lol

Happy 6 Word Saturday!

Marrdy said...

I think my eyes would pop out of my head if I saw all that skin. Once again a great post. Perhaps you should start your own blog!! (or do you have one already?)

slacker-chick said...

It's going to HOT in Seattle today - wish we could go topless. ;->

Fer*Cambe said...

Thanks for the visit and interesting comment Melissa! I'm happy you enjoyed the European breasts -- I mean beaches!

Becca said...

Who knows why Americans are such prudes compared to Europeans lol

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What no butts? :)

Happy Saturday to you! I am slowly making my way around to all the blogs that visited me when I was featured on SITS to say "Thank you". It is indeed a fabulous SITStahood.
Be blessed!

Drahdrah said...

Yup, Europeans have a different take on nudity. Much less prudish than north americans. I lived in the carribean for 4 years, on a French island, and there was even a nude beach (complete nudity) and a nudist resort too !

Yaya said...

Haha! Had some booby overload, huh?

Aunt Julie said...

Looks to me like that old guy under the umbrella is showing off his beer gut by wearing a Speedo, oui?

AudreyO said...

it is interesting the differences between the two nations.

LadyStyx said...

Twelve words, six for each breast?

;)

stepfabulous said...

LOL - I am such a prude - I could NEVER do that. The first topless beach I went to was South Beach. I stared at the ground the entire time and was so red with embarssment I looked sunburned!

Jenn @ youknow... that blog? said...

Oh man, I totally forgot to participate this weekend. I don't even have a good excuse!

Europeans are definitely not prudish, that's a certainty. I saw more boobs on my vacations than I care to remember... including a grandma who had them tucked under her arms as she worked at her knitting. I didn't dare take a picture, but it's indelibly fixed on my brain!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin