Friday, July 17, 2009

On My Honor...It's Fx4 Time, I Swear!

Brownies

These 2 just returned from Europe. A Mediterranean cruise, if you want to know the truth. And they promised me a week's worth of guest-blogging, starting next Monday. That's what they get for going off to see Michaelangelo's David & not inviting moi!

Mom & a couple of 22-year-olds. Do you think they would have let me tag along?

Yeah, right.

They do grow up. That's all I'm gonna say, 'cause I way too tahrd (Texas-speak required on days like this) to say much else.

Well, I could say one more thing. I'm plumb wore out from trying to get the little lady on the right ready for the next chapter in her life. Lots of jackassin' goin' on around Scribe Land.

A word of sage advice for those of you with Brownies & Cub Scouts at home...

When you snag their snaps at the swearing-in ceremony, make sure you shoot a keeper. And if you happen to catch your little bundle of joy asleep at the switch, as I did, make sure you root that Superior Snap out 16 years later so you can post it on your blog.

And then we can all have a good laugh, huh?

Sorry. Not as funny as Vodka Mom. Nor could I ever approach the cleverness of Candid Carrie, who's bringing you her Friday Foto Finish Fiesta today...

12 comments:

Yaya said...

I'm guessing this was before digital?

Tammy Howard said...

I'm tahrd too. I may go back to bed and dream about Mediterranean cruises...

Marrdy said...

Blackmailing with pictures is a good thing. I keep reminding my daugher that she said she would be a "good" teenager. If only, if only!

Dreamgirl said...

Just stopped by on a visit from SITS. What a great blog! I hope you have a great weekend and that you'll visit me too at Sweeterliving...

Greetings from Spain

blueviolet said...

That was the problem with film cameras. We couldn't check to see if there was a keeper! As it turns out, you got way more value out of this one! :)

Fer*Cambe said...

Oh my, this picture I must say is absolutely fantastic... And this is sound sage advice.. Thanks!

JennyMac said...

This pic cracked me up but your commentary is even better.

LadyStyx said...

Tahrd gets well used in TN too. I suspect it's a southern and western thang.

Alicia said...

haha! that picture is priceless! i'm so glad my parents don't know how to download pictures!

Susie said...

That's an awesome shot! I remember those days:-)

Z's Mom said...

HAHAHA...the joy of film versus digital! She's still a cutie!

Zander must have some Texan in him.....becaused when he's tired.....he pronounces it tahrd....its so cute!

Mrs4444 said...

That pic reminds me of MY Brownie days; so cute (even with closed eyes). And while it was a blast, and I had a great time helping with Kendall's troop, I have to admit I am SO glad to be past the cookie-selling days!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin