Friday, July 24, 2009

The Leaning Tower, David & Friends from College?


After Rome, we stopped in Livorno, about a 2-hour train ride from Florence. Florence. Is. Amazing.

We waited in line at the Galleria Accademia to see Michelangelo's The David. Only a 45-minute wait! Although you aren't supposed to take photos inside, I secretly snapped this one.

Michaelangelo's David

Wandering the streets of Florence, we stopped outside of Il Duomo. As I was turning around to continue our journey, a very, very blonde boy came around the corner, someone who looked very familiar, followed by a girl with short curly hair. The pair are two I recently graduated with about a month ago!! In a college smaller than my high school, what are the chances of running into two of your classmates in Italy?! It was definitely a right place, right time thing.


Friends in Florence

After Florence, we took the train back through Tuscany and stopped in Pisa. Here's my only snap of Tuscany from the train. Aren't sunflowers so pretty?

Tuscany Countryside

Pisa is a pretty touristy place, but it was totally worth seeing the tower, which actually leans! I decided to push back.

Leaning Tower of Pisa

13 comments:

Alicia said...

haa! i love the last picture!! hilarious! and how random that you ran into them! crazy....

JennyMac said...

Excellent pics...I love it there. And that last photo is fantastic.

Tammy Howard said...

I love 'small world' stories like that!

Fer*Cambe said...

Yeah, great pictures. I haven't seen many better pictures of the David, its tough to take that one!

Ms Cupcake said...

Love the Leaning Tower photo!

I love cheese!!!

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your holiday.

Robyn
http://www.ZenCupcake.com

Teresha and Damon said...

Your snaps of Italy look like postcards! Faboo!

sending SITS luv for your travels!

stepfabulous said...

I want to go to Tuscany so bad! I have since I saw the movie Under the Tuscan Sun - which your sunflower photo reminds me of. What a great time! Thanks for stopping by!

Marrdy said...

Really! What are the chances of running into clasmates in Europe?? Another great post.

LadyStyx said...

ahhh the gratuitous pushing against the tower pic! A necessity for every tourist to click.

Aunt Jo said...

What a day in Florence and points along the way ! How amazing to run into your friends from Larry U @ the duomo. That's one of the most incredible same-place-same-time events I've heard of...Florence is dreamy. It's a definite must-return-and-linger city...The Secret Snap of David is too much...Great Pisa and sunflower field fotos too....How did the trip end ?

Frogs in my formula said...

Hah. I went to Pisa. I think I have the same exact picture! Isn't Italy amazing?

monica said...

The last picture is cute! Looks like a great time. Stopping in from Carrie's FFFF! Happy Friday!

Elizabeth Patch said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!
I was so happy to see your pictures of Firenze, one of my very favorite places on the planet. looking at your photos made me long to go back there.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin