Friday, July 10, 2009

Fx4: OBX Oops!


OK, all right, all ready...The Scribe Family does not plan an OBX Journey ~ that would be Outer Banks, for those not in the know ~ for another 5 full weeks. But I've got these Superior Snaps all lined up, & didn't want to waste them. Today's the Friday Foto Finish Fiesta over at Candid Carrie's, plus Skywatch Friday, & I've got a fab new layout to showcase my snaps, so though I'd play along...

First off, NC's OBX is the Best Beach in the World. You can have the Bahamas, Tahiti, & Spain's Costa del Sol. We like our sand brown & our ocean a little on the wild side. The pink sky in the morning & at dusk is worth watching, too.

OBX-Calm Before the Storm

Quite the deceptive ambiance, oui? I like to call this the Calm Before the Storm. Little did the unsuspecting Scribe Family know that this pastoral scene in no way foreshadowed the day that was to come...


OBX, OMG!

Bear witness, my friends, to the Skim Board Blowout. For as long as The Scribes have been journeying to the OBX, the kids just don't seem to remember ~ or maybe they just don't care? ~ that they'll spend most of each & every day on their keisters, with lots of sand in their suits!


Tripped Up, OBX-Style

This is how we get All Tripped Up, OBX-style! Don't know if this snap captures the exact moment, but after one of these wild rides this chica ended up not on her fanny, but on her face.


OBX, Oops!

And then there's the Boogie Board Bounce. Not quite sure why he's all whampy-jawed, as we say down Texas Way, but he sure nuff is, ain't he?


OBX Shuffle

Anybody care to dance the OBX Shuffle? I'm told by the experts that this particular step takes years & years to master to perfection. I'm thinking she should audition for America's Got Talent. Seriously.


OBX, A-OK!

By at the end of the day, however, a good time is always had by all. We close today's post with a primo example of the OBX Wipeout Wink. It's all good, you know...

A Mrs Scribe Disclaimer: All Superior Snaps shot by my SIL. You should pay her a visit She's the best!

16 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Awesome pix. Looks like loads of fun.

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

It's beautiful. I've never been there, but now I want to go.

magiceye said...

wonderful series!

Tammy Howard said...

What a fun day!

Tiffany@eatathomecooks.com said...

I love a a beach trip! Thanks so much for your comment saying you miss me - that's the nicest thing anyone has said all day :-) Poetry and Hums is on a long break, I guess. Unintentional, but I've been pouring my blogging heart into Eat at Home. However, I really miss P&H. I'm going to have to revive it and get writing again. I miss all of you that I met through that blog too!

Aunt Julie said...

And don't forget how long it takes to get that sand OUT of their suits...it's not like the kiddos are going to do it for themselves, right?

Dewdrop said...

Great action water shots! It looks like so much fun, and a beautiful serenity offered in that first shot...

Susie said...

Looks like great fun!

MammaDawg said...

"And a fun day was had by all...!"

Great pics!! TGIF!!

WackyMummy said...

Great action shots! Wow! I'll definitely pop back here to see more. =)

Carletta said...

Great shots!
I lived in Virginia for 30 years and the Outer Banks being only a couple of hours away was a lot of fun!

Marrdy said...

What fun and such nice pictures. All in action and all making me want to go to the beach!

Alicia said...

great pics!! i love the wink at the end!

freegal1000 said...

I LOVE it, even if I do get sand in my suit!

SandyCarlson said...

These are wonderful. What part of NC is NOT magical?

Mrs4444 said...

That water looks so nice and warm. We were in Lake Michigan today--SUPER cold. Okay, (I lied. The DOG was in Lake Michigan. But still, it's cold.)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin