Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Aretha Franklin & Big Bird: Soul Mates

OK, Scribe Fans. I've never participated in Wordless Wednesday before, so I'm feeling a tad intimidated. But I have such Superior Snaps to share, thought I'd just go ahead and jump. Wordless is hosted every day of the week by 5 Minutes for Mom.

Sorry, y'all. I can't do this without a few words. It's my Verbal Heritage. Being a Superior Scribbler, & all.

Follow me back to Saturday. The 4th. Big Bird & Elmo. Barry Manilow. And Aretha. Add Ella Numera Dos to the mix & you're cookin' with gas...

IMG_1547

The First Lady of Soul is, to put this charitably, plus-size. And that's a by-golly LARGE gospel choir backing Ms. Franklin up on "Think" & "Respect."


IMG_1523

Here's a faux closeup taken from the JumboTron. Yes, she was attired in a large yellow dress. Sort of like Big Bird. Only he didn't have fur trimming the sleeves of his outfit. Mink, I think. But that gal can still sing. Seriously!

Superior Snaps brought to you by Ella Numera Dos, aka freegal, proprietress of MOO. Go see her. She's the best!

7 comments:

MissKris said...

Oh oh oh...I LOVE Aretha Franklin and always have! "Natural Woman" is still a song, when sung by her, that gives me goooooooz bumps!

Susie said...

What a wonderful event!

Tammy Howard said...

She's the queen...

Sherry said...

Great commentary. She's got a dynamite voice, but I looked at her the way you did. That yellow didn't help minimize her proportions at all. Regardless, her LARGE voice is remarkable.

Sherry at EX Marks the Spot

The Blonde Duck said...

R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

Thanks for the love on my SITS day! Hope you come back to the Pond!

Genny said...

Too fun!

Marrdy said...

Wish I could have been there too!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin