Monday, June 8, 2009

No Empty Calories Here

I have sung the praises of blogger Michelle Mitchell & her blog, Scribbit, in this space before. Her e-book, Blogging in Pink, has been particularly helpful in getting The Scholastic Scribe organized & ready for Prime Time Blogging.

Michelle features an eclectic selection of posts each week. But one of her regular features, which really intrigues me, is her monthly Write-Away Contest.

The theme of this month's contest is "Food." OK, I'm the first to admit that I'm no Paula Deen. But it just so happens that I've recently written about Ben & Jerry's, the Nectar of the Gods, in a critically acclaimed (OK, by the 12 bloggers who commented, anyway) post, "The Ben & Jerry's Stressbusters Diet."

I encourage y'all to enter Michelle's write-away contest this month, & every month. She's doing a good thing for the craft of writing, the art of blogging & for those of us who wish to tune up our skills.
Some of us write to relieve stress. Some of us eat Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk. If it's all the same to y'all, I'd rather do both. Although I'd hazard a guess that the writing part of this equation is probably better for my health. Unless it engenders stress...but that's a story for another day.

9 comments:

Lynda said...

And some of us need Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia... or better still, some delicious Bluebell (name your flavor!).

Susie said...

It sounds like a really useful contest:-)

Ronnica said...

Oh, ice cream is great for stress, right?!

Tortuga said...

Ooo, I may hafta take you up on this challenge. I do love food afterall!

I am partial to Americone Dream!

Cairo Typ0 said...

Ben and Jerry's is proof that god loves us. God i miss it!!

Veggie Mom said...

I really like visiting Michelle at Scribbit. And love reading the Write-Away entries every month. Good luck to you-on the B&J "Diet" and with the contest, too! :)

dkzody said...

I don't think this woman has a job outside of the house. She seems to have waaaay too much time on her hands.

WhisperingWriter said...

Yum. I hang out with Ben and Jerry a lot. *Drools*

Marrdy said...

Thanks to your week of eating all the fattening food...well, not really thanks, but I did have a hankering for some ice cream. Rocky Rock and it was delish!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin