Friday, June 19, 2009

Candid Carrie Goes Hunting

Follow me back quite a few years, to Burlington, Iowa, and a duck blind on the Mississippi River. Here I am with my friend Ann. Her Dad woke us up at Oh, Dark Thirty to go duck hunting. Seriously. I think I was about Ella Numera Una's age at the time.

Suffice it to say that neither one of us knew the difference between a duck's beak & a butthole. And, being the scardy-cat that I am, even the mention of a gun was a pretty daunting proposition.

Annie & I just sat & watched her Dad do the dirty work. We were cold, the duck blind reeked & we must have been bad luck...the closest any of us came to bagging a feathered friend was when we got back to the house & I took a long, hot bath with my Rubber Ducky.

Don't know if Candid Carrie does any hunting up Wisconsin Way, but today she's hosting her weekly Friday Foto Finish Fiesta TGIF, y'all!

8 comments:

Shawn said...

I don't know how people can hunt anything. It makes me stressed just to think about it!

Alicia said...

Man look at those killer outfits!! The only duck hunting I can participate in is on my nintendo!

Susie said...

Hunting is pretty big here in Wisconsin. I mean, you can get a traffic jam miles long on the interstate at the opening of deer hunting season! However, I have never participated in the beloved event. I did get pregnant with my oldest daughter on a grouse hunting trip (there was beer and a hot tub and the only hunting we did was for the switch to turn the darned thing on:-) I made a mean Sweet and Sour Grouse for dinner that trip too:-) Hee, hee, hee.

cat said...

Fun sharing old pictures like these. Have a great weekend!

Veggie Mom said...

Looks like you got all your ducks in a row, huh? And I have to confess...I'd much rather play with my Rubber Ducky than hunt the real thing. TGIF!

Marrdy said...

You know I don't do dark thirty for ANYTHING. You get the trooper of the year award for this!

AB HOME INTERIORS said...

Aww fun!Stopping by from SITS!

Betty said...

My husband used to hunt and ask me to help clean game. It grossed me out so much that he eventually stopped asking. Then, he expected the kids and me to eat it. I also was expected to cook it. Yuck! I am a changed woman now and only do what I want to do. Maybe I was born about thirty years too soon.:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin