Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Ben & Jerry's Stressbusters Diet

I was thinking about naming this post, "Fashionista Du Jour." Wore above T-shirt to school yesterday, & was quite the popular chica. I'm thinking every day will be Casual Friday from here on out. Not that I really get all gussied up for school, anyway...


A brief look at my week thus far, plus a glimpse of my Ben & Jerry's Stressbusters Diet:


Monday: Yearbooks delivered to the Journalism Office. Yearbook Staff chicas make progress on the program they've designed for graduation. Newspaper seniors shriek at one another over upcoming Senior Issue. I refuse to mediate, preferring instead to sell 116 yearbooks in one day. Mrs. Scribe stops at 7-11 on the way home & purchases, then consumes, a tasty LARGE bag of Peanut M&M's.


Tuesday: Senior issue runs into production problems. 9th-grader suffers meltdown. I attend mind-numbing, but basically mandatory, retirement party for teachers I don't particularly care for. Yearbook staff starts distribution after school. Many choruses of Senior Angst. Mrs. Scribe stops at the Gyro Place on the way home, with a side trip to the grocery store for 2 pints of Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk. They were on sale, ya know!


Wednesday: Senior issue of the newspaper arrives. Students distribute, I melt into a little puddle on a couch in the main office. Respond to countless more e-mails. Help underclass journalistas work on their last issue of the year. Graduation program corrected, proofed, corrected, proofed, sent out for printing, with no guarantee that the dern thing is done. I sell yearbooks, skip lunch to sell more yearbooks, administer a final exam to 6th- & 7th-period seniors, grade said exam, enter grades, induct a few Cherubs into the Journalism Honor Society, jackass several boxes of yearbooks prior to after-school distribution, answer frantic questions from students, parents & teachers while trying to remain pleasant, snag a slice of pizza at the Spanish Honor Society meeting, total up about $3,000 in yearbook receipts, deposit said funds with finance office. Mrs. Scribe stops at Starbucks on the way home for a latte & a double-fudge brownie.


Today: More yearbook distribution janx on the horizon. Brought my lunch today, so at least I can regulate that. Mrs. Scribe plans to stop by the French Club's end-of-year party after school. Crêpes & parfaits could be calling her name.


So, the question I have for y'all: Who needs Jenny Craig?

15 comments:

Reviewer11 said...

Stopping by to say hi from a new SISta.

Have a wonderful day. :D

Cairo Typ0 said...

Sounds like you've had quite teh week. Ben and Jerry's, M&M's, Starbucks... *drool* I need to go food shopping now! LOL

Clix said...

I prefer Ms. Dazs to Ms. Craig. ;D

(Seriously. See if you can find a pint of Sticky Toffee Pudding. Mmmmm!)

I have to admit, though, I've been pretty virtuous this week - walking 2-3 miles in the AM and again in the evening. I am determined to be back to SMOKIN' by Labor Day - I will NOT let those scrawny tribal fusion chicks outshine me. >;)

Marrdy said...

You deserve every ounce of chocolate and fat calories you can consume. You're on a count down!

Columbia Lily said...

Ben and Jerry are my therapists.

Shawn said...

You are MAKING ME HUNGRY FOR SUGARY STUFF, you!

Oh---I am trying to hold on....

Susie said...

Sounds like summer can't come soon enough for you:-)

Tracy P. said...

Jenny, Ben, Jerry--your choice is my choice!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I have a better question: Who is Jenny Craig???? (Honest! I'm not kidding!)

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

Oh my lord woman. You do the newspaper and the yearbook??

LadyStyx said...

Damn. I just fell off my eating modification and gaind 20 pounds just by reading this.

dkzody said...

Your week sounds as insane as mine was last week. the redeeming moment--the seniors checked out on Wednesday so I had two days with only a handful of students since I had mostly seniors this year.

I too wear crazy t-shirts the last two weeks of school and get stopped by so many people who make comments. It is just so NOT me that it takes people by surprise to see me in jeans and t-shirts. they know something is up--yes, distributing and selling THE BOOK. Fortunately, I've deposited over $8000 and may just be able to pay off the bill.

hOpe this next week brings a little peace. We have big graduation on Tuesday at 2.

Mrs4444 said...

Can't stand those obligatory retirement deals.

I am now one of the oldest teachers on staff, thanks to several retirements this year. How can that be?!

Our school takes yearbook orders in September and does not deliver them until the following September. Isn't that dumb? Seniors have to arrange for theirs to get picked up~

Scribbit said...

Oh how I love BEn and Jerry's . . . the Girl Scout Cookie mint is absolutely amazing. The Caramel Sutra is to die for . . .

MoziEsmé said...

Honestly, stress does nothing for a diet! Enjoy...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin