Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ben & Jerry's Alert!


Y'all have seen the Barney Cabinet before, correctamundo? It's where we store yearbooks & other important journalistic janx. Also the repository of teenaged graffiti dating back to 1966.

What you see here in the above snap, besides the gakking Happy Face & all, is the remainder of our '09 Yearbook Stash. For the record, we have 141 books left. 71 have already been spoken for. That means, butofcourse, we have 70 left to sell.

Think I'll give three away to departing/retiring teachers. The gal who compared Our Humble High School's student-run newspaper to Playboy and/or Hustler deserves one for giving us cover on the letters-to-the-ed front. The other 2 are retirees-don't really care for the Old Crone who's my department chair, but what the hell. And I adore the other abuelita, who's retiring to partake in grandmothering full-time.

We've been selling about 25 yearbooks a day. Let's see...25 per day, with 7 days of school left? I'm optimistic about getting rid of 'em. And at $70 a pop, I see some new computer and camera equipment on the horizon for my journalistas.

This just in, courtesy of The Washington Post: The local plant that makes Ben & Jerry's for our neck o' the woods is shutting down. Whatever shall we do? For the record, the factory also makes Klondike Bars, Popsicles & other novelty ice cream for Good Humor.

Drat...there goes my diet!

9 comments:

mommytoalot said...

Good morning..
Just want to thank you for your kind comments on my blog and making my day.
Cool stash...lol.
Lisa

Amy said...

Go to Cold Stone? While not quite as delicious as B&J, it's still a good end to the day.

HappyChyck said...

I don't understand why your cabinet looks so clean. Sheesh! Our looked like a tornado hit it the last few weeks.

Cairo Typ0 said...

That factory doesn't need to close. It needs to hire me as an official taster!!

Tara R. said...

Congrats on a successful Yearbook edition. I hope you can get some fabulous new equipment for your journalistas.

MissKris said...

I hated school from 7th grade on, maybe because I went to 6 different schools in that time period. I made friends with my best friend Lizzee in the first of those schools and we've stuck by each other since then, for 42 years and counting. Back in 2002, our 30th reunion year, we got out our old yearbooks and poured over them while my daughter sat nearby and watched us. She said it was absolutely hysterical. Lizzee would start a sentence and I'd finish it. Vice versa. She'd ask, "Remember when he tripped.." and I'd say, "...and got that bloody nose?" type of stuff. My daughter said we went back into our old slang and sounded like we were 18 again. She said it was fascinating seeing me as a 'girl' again. My Senior year was the only year I bought a yearbook. Reunion number 40 will be here in 2012. Seems like yesterday.

LadyStyx said...

Somebody obviously didn't do enough for their Klondike Bar...

Susie said...

Say it isn't so! No more Ben and Jerry's?

Future Mama said...

I LOVE yearbooks... well I did. I loved looking at them when I was younger, so I would so get one from you :)

Cute blog! I'm an education reporter so I bet I can learn some neat stuff here! I found you through SITS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin