Saturday, June 27, 2009

6-Word Saturday: Thrilla Near Manilla

This 2007 YouTube vid purports to show 1,500+ prisoners from the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center in the Philippines rehearsing their Michael Jackson stylings. Those in charge at the time apparently thought teaching the inmates at this maximum-security prison the zombie routine from the "Thriller" video would help keep the boys mentally & physically fit.

They're going to pay tribute today

to the ultimate showman, Michael Jackson.

Even in death, The King of

Pop reigns supreme thruout the world.

There, I've gone & done it. In my enthusiasm for All Things Michael Jackson, I'm celebrating 6-Word Saturday with 24 words instead of the customary 6. Sorry about that, Cate! Don't know what time the prisoners will reinact their Thrilla Near Manilla, but know it should be BIG.


Veggie Mom said...

Guess who's two ahead of me in SITS Roll Call today? Ahem...that would be YOU, dear friend! Like your 24 words...and the video, too!

Yaya said...

I still can't believe he died.

You were above me in sits! ;)

Call Me Cate said...

Love that video. It's pretty cool they're going to do it again. Thanks for playing!

Tortuga said...

That video was just amazingly awesome!

Haha, made a comment and a SITS!

Look, I did it again, hehe!

Jenn @ youknow... that blog? said...

Wow... interesting video! I hadn't seen that one before.

I guess everyone is shocked that he died so suddenly, but I'm not so sure we should be, considering how he's looked in recent years. Definitely a loss of historic proportions though.

I'm blog hopping - will be carrying on via someone else's comment left on your blog! Got to you via a comment left on "Life as I Know".

You're invited to stop by my blog any time :)

Tara R. said...

I remember this video, very strange. It has been a strange couple of days. McMahon, Farrah, then MJ.

Susie said...

I still can't believe he is gone!

Tulsi said...

While many things he did were "questionable" , and as much as I wish he was "normal" I think he tried to get back some of what he missed out on when he was a child "singing for his supper". I thought he was amazing and miss the Michael of my teens. That is were my memories really stop and where I choose to stop them .

Teresha and Damon said...

Hilarious! They have the whole video down pat! I love the acting...especially the tranny in the pink tube top who I thought was a girl until he turned around.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin