Saturday, June 20, 2009

6-Word Saturday: School's Out!


Yesterday I wrapped up the school year with a ridiculous ritual, practiced by most all teachers. Pack up everything in the room. Make sure the flag is stowed properly. Nothing but furniture on the floor.

That means The Barney Cabinet is crammed to the gils. The Mickey D Toyz are dusted and boxed away. Even the leftover yearbooks have made their summer pilgrimage to the main office, in case someone wants to pick one up.

SUMMER NEVER SOUNDED SO GOOD, HUH?

I didn't draft an Ode to Summertime this year. Just happy to be here on my back deck & away from all the high school janx for a couple of months. This message brought to you by Cate & her 6-Word Saturday.

16 comments:

mybellringers said...

Woo-hoo for you! Enjoy the summer.

Call Me Cate said...

So exciting to see everyone across the bloggyverse gearing up for summer. For me, it really just means hotter temps and different leisure activities since my work schedule doesn't change.

Thanks for participating!

Lindy said...

Have a great summer - it will go quickly, but you already knew that!!

Happy SWS!

Tara R. said...

Hope have a fun and restful summer. Enjoy!

teachergirl said...

It is too darned hot to enjoy the deck, ovah here.

Lani said...

well you have that right! :-) Good thinking for the SWS.
Thanks for stopping by my place.
BTW..a WII is a lot of fun :-)

Missy (Two Little Monkeys) said...

AMEN!!!! Summer rocks!

Susie said...

Sounds great to me! I am on my deck right now supervising my kids and blogging:-) Awesome:-)

a corgi said...

bet it is a good feeling to get everything packed away and know that you can now enjoy your summer! hope it is a fun one for you and yours!

betty

dkzody said...

Wow, you have to pack up everything? I would still be there if that was the case at our school. Heck, I'd be there all summer probably, I have so much stuff.

I am heading back next week to load new yeartech software on the computers.

Alicia said...

Sounds like a good time =) Have a wonderful summer...can't wait to read about it!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

That deck looks mighty inviting. Enjoy!

monica said...

Great 6 words! Yay for you...enjoy your summer!

LadyStyx said...

Lovely deck, wish I were there.

Wolf said...

isn't it nice to be on summer break? i LOVE it!!

Mrs4444 said...

I'm with you! This year, I'm packed up because I am moving to another room. I can hardly wait to see where they put me! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin