Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Where You Lead, I Will Follow...Perhaps

My entry, today, is supposed to have something to do with Going Green. OK, the logo above is decidedly NOT green. But stick with me on this. It'll all come out OK in the end. I promise!

As some of you know, Mrs. Scribe is on Twitter now. She "tweets," as it were. Whatever that means.
I "follow" 117 people. I have 141 "followers."

I have no idea what it all entails. I have no idea what I'm doing.

A student of mine raves that "Twitter is so cute, and so fun!" I'm told by friends that "Twitter's the next Facebook." But my longtime readers know what I think about Facebook & that ilk, right?

A former student requested that I "follow" her the other day. I complied. I receive up to 20 e-mails a day requesting that I follow complete strangers. I don't know where they're leading me, but like a lamb to the slaughter, I'm off down the Twittering path. I dutifully "tweet" daily, and scroll thru the 140-word missives of my "followers." Or those I'm "following." Or, whatever.

Thing is, I'm usually not known as a follower. I'm a leader. Except, apparently, where Twitter is concerned.

I'm tight with a few famous folks, who Tweet quite a bit. alplusk (Ashton Kutcher) is apparently a friend of mine. So's iamdiddy (Sean Combs, aka P Diddy, or whatevs). The newly rehabilitated Britney Spears. TheEllenShow is on my list, too. Never know when the Old Gal will need a dance partner, oui?

What's it all about? You probably shouldn't ask me. But I'm GREEN with envy at those of you who "get" this. Is anybody listening?

Editor's Note: The first of Mrs. Scribe's May contributions to the Random Complexity Writing Challenge. 276 Words.

17 comments:

Lynda said...

I'm on Twitter, but don't twit ;-)

JAY said...

LOL !!! :-)

So far I've escaped Twitter. To be honest, I'm not even 100% sure what it is. :-)

Do you twitter on the computer or on the phone ?? I'm having enough trouble keeping up with my blog, don't know if I want to add something else !!

JAY said...

Plus, I heard someone referring to themselves as a 'Twit' recently, because they were on Twitter..

Back in NZ, a 'twit' is another name for someone that has just done something stupid :-)

Karen said...

Sighhhh ... and that was not 'JAY' that just left those comments... it was me !

Talking of 'Twits'. I forgot to check the posting ID, before I hit send. It was still on the hubby's acoount...

Cori Lynn Berg said...

I'm also a non-twitterer who happens to have a twit account. The play by play on my life is just a tad too boring for all the attention!

Tara R. said...

I don't necessarily 'get' Twitter, but I do have fun with it. I don't 'follow' everyone who requests it. I mostly keep to the people I've met through blogging. I like the continued interaction.

Z's Mom said...

Hmmm....I still don't get all the hullabaloo about Twitter. I'm on FB....but I can't be everywhere..... :)

Shawn said...

I don't Tweet---or Twitter--or whateveh. I don't even have time to do my Facebook any more---and they keep changing the crappin' thing anyway---so I just don't care about it!!!

HappyChyck said...

Pssst! I'm following you! I don't know that I get it. When I first heard of it, I thought it might have some cool applications in the classroom, but then...I dunno. Dropped the ball, I guess. I think some equate it more to micro-blogging. Considering my blog is dying a slow painful death from neglect and it's a major challenge for me to not be chatty, twittering is a CHALLENGE for me!

Tori_z said...

Don't feel bad. I don't get it either. I apparently have a facebook account, though I'm not entirely sure why (I remember trying it, but could have sworn I closed my account). I don't like facebook, and I don't get this twitter thing. I think I'll just stick to the blogs... I fill enough of the day reading, commenting on, and writing blog posts as it is.

LadyStyx said...

I dont use Twitter....yet. The only thing I'd even consider using it for is to broadcast my blips from blip.fm. I have enough problems keepin up with my blogs so I probably wouldnt follow too many on Twitter anyhow.

Susie said...

I am on Twitter and I now, I am following you:-)

Marrdy said...

I don't twitter. I can hardly keep up on my blog and blog stalking...

But!

Everyone seems to love it!

Anonymous said...

tired of comments like "It suits me. " or buy antibiotics online. Then write to me at icq 75949683256...

Anonymous said...

It`s OK!
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:buy levitra professional online yjs

Anonymous said...

Where do I collect my luggage?
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:lipitor rmmrp
buy lexapro hbaqf

Anonymous said...

majong free on line

http://majong.socialgo.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin