Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sx3: Mother's Day Edition

Thought we'd take a trip down Memory Lane today, Scribe Fans, & honor our Moms with a "different" sort of Silly Sunday Sweepstakes.

Meet GG. Stands for Grey Girl. She was a Mama Cat, rescued with her kittens & taken to the local shelter several years ago. She'd never lived in a human's house. Her babies all found homes, & when we found her, she was wild with anxiety, pacing her cage & wondering what life was all about.

The good news is that for The Scribe Family, it was love at first sight. But the first nite GG spent at our humble abode was a rough one. We kept her out on the screen porch because she was so panicked, & she climbed the walls...literally. The next morning, I found her halfway up one side of the porch, trying to figure out a way to chew thru the screen & escape.

As the years went by, though, this Wild Mama settled down. As you can see from this Superior Snap, GG still was a little more, shall we say, "alert," than Ella Numera Una, but she did learn to relax, in her own special way.

OK, enough with the Fond Recollections, already! You veterans know just what to do. Take a gander at this Superior Snap. Conjur a Creative Caption & tippy-type that sucker real quick-like in the Comments section of this post.

That's it, folks! You won't win anything tangible on this fine Mother's Day, except Mrs. Scribe's admiration & loyalty from here on out. But that's a pretty nifty gift when you come to think about it, right?

Here's to all the Mama Cats in the world. Hope y'all have a really special day!

18 comments:

Susie said...

"Watch Cat"

Happy Mother's Day:-)

Tara R. said...

'The mother lioness protecting her young'

Beautiful cat. From the expression I wouldn't cross her either.

Karen said...

' Listen up, you wake my Sleeping Beauty, and that thingamajig she's holding will be the least of your worries!! '

She's a beauty ... love those eyes.!!

I'm having your sort of Mum's day as well ... we are going to be pulling weeds and finishing planting the garden ... now that it looks as though it won't snow again !

Happy Mother's Day !

HappyChyck said...

Don't make me get my claws out! Paws off the girl!

Z's Mom said...

I can't think of anything clever to say.....but I love everyone else's captions...especially Tara R's.

What a sweet story! I'm so glad you found her and gave her a good home....I wish they all stories had such happy endings.

Happy Mother's Day to you, Mrs. Scribe!

TeachJ said...

Just keeping the blanket from flying up.

Betty said...

I can just feel the kitty love.:)

teachergirl said...

"You looking at me?"

Shawn said...

"GG knew that she only had minutes before the human moved and flung her this way and that, so she focused on clinging to the closest appendage tightly."

Teri said...

In rare cat form, GG decided to think of others (isn't it all about the cats??) and share this big couch with a human. This human would later come under her spell and give GG some excellent treats. Ahahahhaa, her plan worked marvelously.

mannequin said...

Do not think that I am cuddling. I am "protecting my property".

LadyStyx said...

heh heh heh I like mannequin's.

Mister Teacher said...

Living in a domestic setting for so long had given GG a defensive adaptation like no other -- an appendage off her back that resembed a fully-formed human girl!!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Shhhh.... I just got her down.

Marrdy said...

"Cats rule....humans drool. Except this chosen one. Touch her and I will show you what claws are for."

Hope you have a wondeful Mothers Day!

Columbia Lily said...

no caption but that is what my cats do when I'm sick. AWWWWWW

Sean Hogan said...

"Staring contest-lose and you die, win and you're just a copy cat."

Yeah, I'm Still Here... said...

There is absolutely nothing going on here that you need to concern yourself with so GO AWAY!

Happy Mother's Day!
And thanks for the reminder :o)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin