Sunday, May 24, 2009

Silly Sunday Sweepstakes: Flower Power?

When Mrs. Scribe receives snaps such as this from one of her chicas, she has a strict "Don't ask, don't tell" policy. All I know is that this young man is a friend of Ella Numera Una. The why & the wherefore are beyond moi.

You know what to do, Scribe Fans! Take a gander at this Superior Snap. Then Conjure a Caption. Tippy type said caption in the comments section of this post. And there you have it...easy as pie! And yes, some day I will find out what that idiom is supposed to mean. Never met a pie that was easy, simple, or any other way but difficult to bake.

You won't receive anything tangible this time around, folks. Just Mrs. Scribe's undying love & affection. And that's what makes the world go 'round, correctamundo?

17 comments:

Shawn said...

"Pick me! Pick me!!"

TeachJ said...

"A rose by any other name..." maybe not.

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

Student teaching at its best.

Michael said...

Confronted by shrinking state revenues, California's public universities have had to tighten their belts this decade, resorting to steep tuition hikes, reductions in course offerings, even halting or postponing construction projects. These have not been boom times for the ivory towers of academia.

To some, though, the sign of the apocalypse presented itself last week in the form of Professor Roger Townshend, the boyish English department chair who has taken a part-time job at University Flowers to pay the bills. The job? "Flower Face" is the official title.

Tara R. said...

"Now, everybody sing.. tiptoe through the tulips!"

Koe Whitton-Williams said...

Hi Melissa. . .

I guess this photograph shows the politically correct way to study the cultural aspects of narcissism.

Robin said...

"All right kiddies, come with me to......"

or


"May showers bring....creepy flowers?"

Have a beautiful Memorial Day.

human being said...

water me with your care
shine upon me with your presence
never pick me
just watch me grow
thus we will love each other
even in our absence...

:)

♥RocĂ­o♥ said...

"Mira, Que bonita Floresita!"

B said...

This was not what Jake had in mind when he applied for the job at the local botanical gardens.

Tracy P. said...

When the biology teacher assigned the students to do a creative representation of photosynthesis, he got more than he bargained for.

Lynda said...

"Feed me, Seymour, feed me!"

LadyStyx said...

Reggie was very proud of his costume for the musical "Alice in Wonderland" until he realized he was the featured soloist in the scene"Golden Afternoon".


Again from the top! *sings*

"Little bread-and-butterflies kiss the tulips,
and the sun is like a toy balloon.
There are get up in the morning glories,
in the golden afternoon. "

Betty said...

Has anybody seen my brother Gumby?

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

"Rose Petal's ugly step-sister"

(I know some of you remember the Rose Petal cartoons from way back when...)

Jen said...

Cookie Monster eaten by a flower.

Marrdy said...

I am bummed that I missed this. I keep hearing Tip Toe through the tulips!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin