Friday, May 1, 2009

Fx4: Babe Ruth? Mickey Mantle? Albert Pujols?

Well, you'd be correctamundo on Albert Pujols, but he played for the other team yesterday! Mrs. Scribe decided to go out on a "School Nite," & she's certainly suffering this morning.

We left in the top of the 9th. The St. Louis Cardinals had just scored their 5th run in that inning alone. Last I heard, the score was 9-4 & our team (obviously not the Cardinals!) was stinking up the place. Couldn't bear to check the box scores this a.m.

I feel like one of my students who's pulled an all-niter. And all this ol' English Teacher can say without cussing a blue streak is that The Washington Nationals are not worthy of my approbation!

Candid Carrie's got Fx4 goin' on today, & I'll bet her Milwaukee Brewers are worth going to see!

6 comments:

Candid Carrie said...

Yippee Skippee! Our Brewers won last night. Between the Brew Crew and Danny Gokey I am so proud to live just an hour away from the bright lights and big city that brought you the Fonz!

Happy Fx4,

Carrie

;)

Susie said...

I'm with Carrie!! Wisconsin rocks:-)

Nance said...

Holy crap. Do NOT get me started, either on sucky baseball teams (My Cleveland Indians...sob!) or the Hated Cardinals (I am also a lifelong CUBS FAN!). Stay strong. Remember, we watch baseball because we are...Patriotic?...Masochistic? I dunno anymore.

Tara R. said...

This is why I stick with football.

Shawn said...

Ummm, I am not really a baseball fan---except for the Red Sox? Although, I have to admit that I can't sit through a game---sorry.

But good to see your enthusiasm for the sport!

Marrdy said...

I remember watching the World Series in 5th grade with the Cardinals playing. Don't remember who won but just that we got to watch....oh, and GO REDS!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin