Tuesday, May 5, 2009

¡ Feliz Cinco de Mayo! A Few of My Favorite Things...

Today, as part of the My Life in Pictures Challenge, I'm supposed to show you something that I *heart*. Hmmmmmmm...where to begin? Perhaps with the winner of my Silly Sunday Sweepstakes?


Please don't tell Mr. Fairway, but Bilbo has quite the sense of humor! That's why he wins a a copy of the Los Barrios Family Cookbook: Tex-Mex Recipes from the Heart of San Antonio. This excellent cookbook features the best that La Hacienda de Los Barrios, that superior San Antonio Tex-Mex establishment, has to offer.

Are you ready for Bilbo's winning caption? Well, he actually wrote 2, so take your pick:


1. Taking the "somber" out of "sombrero" since, oh, about 1990.
-or-
2. Do you know how many servings of refried beans it took to get these pained smiles?


Bilbo, Dearest, please send your contact info to scholastic_scribe@hotmail.com, and I'll send you your cookbook. Hope you and the Señora cook up something beyond a pot of frijoles refritos!

And of course, y'all, I love, love, LOVE my new Bloggy Friend, Michelle...she of Scribbit Fame. Please check out her new ebook, Blogging in Pink, and her May Write Away Contest. The theme is Spring, & I entered one of my April Posts.

OK, on to something I really REALLY <3. Only three folks come to mind at the top of that category & here they are. And I even shot this Superior Snap:




There you go, Scribe Fans...from the Land of Long Ago & Far Away, I bring you Ella Numera Una, Mr. Fairway & Ella Numera Dos. I *heart* My Peeps. A lot. And ¡Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

4 comments:

BeeHappy said...

Hilarious comments for the pix. I like the fried beans one! :) I love your something you heart picture. I voted you the best for yesterday! I loved your perspective. Let's see how many times I can write love on here :) LOL! Thanks for playing!

Lynda said...

Congrats to Bilbo! And what a nice photo :)

Together We Save said...

Love the Cindo de Mayo pictures.

Tracy P. said...

That is a GORGEOUS picture of your family! And congrats to Bilbo. He deserves it! We'll be over later for sopapillas, Bilbo...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin