Saturday, May 16, 2009

6-Word Saturday: Cats Are Evil

Or at least this one is. Meet Pepper. You've seen her around before, right? She's tried to hatch a computer, played with lots of yarn and spent the Christmas Season as the Bow Kitty. Well, there's something else you oughta know.


Things are not as they seem!

Playing along with Cate from Show My Face and Yes, Scribe Fans, my 6 words are sad, but oh, so true. Let me explain.

Pepper is an Indoor Cat. As such, she spends most of her time, as should be expected, indoors. Except when she's outdoors. When she escapes, or "flees the asylum," as I like to say, she doesn't head to the freedom of the Great Outdoors. No, sadly, she decidedly does not.

She heads straight to the teeny-tiny crawl space under the screened porch. Where nobody can go but she.

And then she won't come out.

We spend about 4 hours 2 Sundays ago, trying to get the durn kitty back inside. Spent another 6 or so on Mother's Day, trying to corral her again.

Many of you would say, "Oh, let her get a taste of freedom. She's a cat. She'll know when to come in." Yet this is not always the case. Pepper has been known to remain on the lam for huge stretches of time. And I fear the dark in my neighborhood.

We have all manner of wild critters roaming near our crib on the outskirts of Suburbia. No, not Lions, Tigers & Bears, but rather Racoons, Foxes & Coyotes, oh my! And a fat little thing like Pepper would be just their cup of tea. Or Kitty Kibble, as it were.

So don't let this Cute Cat fool ya. She's really the devil...in disguise.

13 comments:

Cid said...

I miss my cats, we gave them up because of my Other Half's allergies. Maybe I should have given him up instead:)

human being said...

i adore cats no matter how evil they are!
:)

really loved this post and reading about Pepper...

soulbrush said...

what a great post, and yes, i will definitely be your friend ss.

Call Me Cate said...

I think all cats are some level of evil. Tonya also likes to escape but she never went far. Both my kitties are pretty content to hang on the screened porch. Thanks for playing and sharing your evil one!

Cori Lynn Berg said...

My first year out of college, I lived in a dingy old apartment in Chicago. One time, I went about a day without seeing my cat, Zack, so I started running around calling his name frantically. I heard his muffled meow up against the wall and thought "he has somehow gotten inside the wallspace." I was all set to hack into the wall to free him when I moved the couch away from the wall. As I did this, I heard a swooping meow. Turns out, he was in the couch! I turned the couch over and could see his paws pushing up against the netting on the underside. I cut him out and he went and used the litterbox and got some food and water. Then he went straight back to the couch! He got in by diving in the corner between the back of the couch and the arm. What a funny sight to see him being "swallowed up" with his legs behind him! He ended up doing that all the time and when i moved out a year later, we were all ready to leave but couldn't get the darn cat out of the couch!

TeachJ said...

Storing up sun energy for later use in my evil plan.

Lisa said...

I wish sometimes I was a cat, that looks so comfy.
You know I participated in the six word saturday and deleted my post to put my son on video and I should have just had two posts.

Amy K. said...

Hmmm...perhaps it is all part of kitty's evil plan to monopolize your time and energy!!! Evil in feline form!

Tara R. said...

Our Pollo is an inside cat too. I'm not sure she would know what to do if she ever step over the threshold. Now, we are debating about whether to adopt another rescue kitty or try to find her another good home.

Ribbon said...

I guess that's why I have a dog.

:-) Ribbon

Whimsical Creations said...

LOL!

LadyStyx said...

Well... at least she goes to the same spot all the time. We had oone, when I was growing up, that would escape now and again. Her favorite spot? The cement patio around their pool. She never went over their privacy fence, but through a small hole at the back of the lot. We'd have to get them to chase her towards the hole while we were waiting there to grab her.

Marrdy said...

Run Pepper run!! Or just stay under the porch. Better yet maybe you should mind your mama! After all she knows best!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin