Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What's the Word Wednesday: Tramp Stamp?

When Ella Numera Dos came home a couple of weeks ago, her parentals were all riled up. Well, they were uber-excited to see her, natch. And then there was the matter of the tattoo.
As the Chica bent down to grab her suitcase in order to heave it into the back of the car, her Mommy noticed a bit of a smudge in the soft, sexy area where hip meets booty.

"Hey, what's that on your butt?" the ever-so-tactful Mrs. Scribe shrieked, grabbing her baby by the belt loops &, in effect, partially pantsing her in the parking lot.

"Oh, that? I was gonna tell you about that," Ella Numera Dos explained.

Turns out she's been thinking about a Tramp Stamp for a while. But she says that because of the diminutive size of this tat & because of its location, right of center, it's technically not a TS, a term often reserved for trashy gals. And of course, my baby ain't no trash.

To answer any questions you might have: The critter is a Longhorn, mascot of The University of Texas. Ella Numera Dos has long considered attending UT, because Mrs. Scribe's Daddy was a Longhorn, too. The initials etched between the horns are those belonging to Ella's Grandaddy.

And how did Mrs. Scribe & Mr. Fairway react to the realization that their baby had entered the realm of Body Art?

Well, she's of majority age, more or less. And there are a lot worse things she could be doing than tatooing her grandfather's initials on her butt.

13 comments:

LadyStyx said...

How sweet! What a nice tribute to her grampa.

Lynda said...

My kiddo is wanting one... her mom is not!

freegal1000 said...

hehe my butt looks good

Mindless Rants said...

I have (wait lemme count) five tattoos, and yet have a great job, a wonderful family, and they can all be tastefully concealed in 'proper work attire'. They are addicting!!!

Ashley said...

I think it is nice. There are A LOT worse things she could do.

I came home from my HS 'Senior Trip' with an eyebrow ring (when I was 17 - not old enough to have this done sans parents. oops!). My parents weren't exactly thrilled but they managed. I sported it an entire 6 months before taking it out.

I'm too chicken to get a tattoo though.

Yeah, I'm Still Here... said...

At least she put some thought into it, and it means something important to her. So maybe she won't regret it later. And so true, there are A LOT worse things!

I change my mind way too often to commit to permanent body art! Too bad.

Tara R. said...

The day my college girl turned 18 she got a tat. Blamed it on me and the Celtic knot I have inked on my shoulder.

She planned it for a long time, and it's somewhere only she sees it the majority of the time. We are discussing going together to get a second one each.

Columbia Lily said...

that's awesome.

Susie said...

It is kind of cute and like you said, there are worst things she could do:-)

Tracy P. said...

And besides, wouldn't her grandpa be honored! ;-)

Marrdy said...

My oldest has many tatoos. Not my style but he is still mine!

Charity Childs-Gevero said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zaragozacuyc said...

It is interesting to know that the coursework requires only 18 months for completion, when you don't have to choose between your work or family and studying, you may combine many of your life activities with the distance education. Best Nursing Courses And Nurse Practitioner School Rankings Nursing is a very important and difficult job.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin