Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sx3: Think Pink, Cali-Style!

On a journey Out West, we took in the Santa Cruz nite life, as it were. This man (yes, indeed) was taking tiny baby steps down the main drag. He was there for hours.


He'd start at one end of the 5-blog-long street, placing one heel deliberately in front of his opposing toes, & so on, & so forth. When he got close to the ocean, he'd cross the street, & head back up from whence he came.


Oh & BTW...he hummed a little open-ended tune, of indistinct origin, as he walked. And we think he had the parasol to deflect the Saturday Nite crowd's gazes of amazement.


This snap intrigues me because there's so much going on. The Vision in Pink, the reflective tape on his running shoes, the plastic chair, the little girl, who's also wearing pink, the whatever spilled on the sidewalk, the tights, the parasol...


OK, Scribe Fans. You know what to do, right? Take a gander at this Superior Snap. Then Conjur a Caption for Said Snap. Tippy-tap your Creative Caption in the Comments section of this post.


That's all there is to it it! You won't win anything tangible for your efforts...this week, anyway. But you will earn Mrs. Scribe's undying affection & amazing awe. And what could be better than that?

15 comments:

mannequin said...

Now see, THIS is the reason I have no desire to go to CA.

The oddity in pink,
has had too much to drink.

Susie said...

"The recession has been hard on everyone. Even Barbie has let herself go."

Tara R. said...

"And we see here Perez Hilton on his way to the Miss America judges after-party."

Z's Mom said...

Think pink! I don't care who thinks pink....just save the ta ta's!!!!

Kelly said...

Love Susie's comment!!!

"Mommy, why do I always have to be dressed like Grandpa?!"

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

"This is my way back to my parallel universe. Over there, we all dress like this."

Betty said...

Seating for one on the patio comes to my mind. The picture is just great. He certainly isn't afraid to be himself.:)

Kate Lord Brown said...

More dash than cash for Lady Penelope these days since the acting gigs dried up.

Mamacita (Mamacita) said...

Excuse me, but my audition for the role of Klinger in "M*A*S*H Goes To Broadway" is in fifteen minutes, so I really can't stay and talk.

LadyStyx said...

Oh goodness, it's Perez on his way to audition for Maria in West Side Story. That open ended tune was actually this one:

I feel pretty,
Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty and witty and bright!
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me tonight.

I feel charming,
Oh, so charming
It's alarming how charming I feel!
And so pretty
That I hardly can believe I'm real.

Little did he know, he'd already lost the part to Michael Buckley of the "WhattheBuck Show", who not only was able to sing, but dance and do handstands as well (plus he had better style too, but that's another matter).

Lynda said...

Love Susie's!

Bilbo said...

Susan Boyle decides to fire her new image consultant, even though he was the low bidder.

Marrdy said...

Tip toe through the tulips!

(It is Spring after all)

Shawn said...

"Larry finally gave caution to the wind and decided to go out on the town trying out his new pink runners.
But wasn't he surprised when he ran into his Granddaughter, little Lola!
....Awkward...."

Mindless Rants said...

And the little girl thinks 'yo - pink is MY thing clowny . . . go give your grandmas skirt back'.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin