Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Peace Be With You, Mother Earth

In honor of Earth Day, I'd like to share a chotchkie from my garden out back. This is just beyond the deck where I "camp out" over Summer Break & right by my beloved Forsythias, which you can see beaming at the camera from along the fenceline.

Cate at Show My Face is celebrating Earth Day, too. Plus, she's got a environmentally friendly giveaway goin' on!

So much has changed over the years, as far as environmental awareness is concerned. But there's so much to do. Honor Thy Mother, OK?

9 comments:

mannequin said...

Oh no. Forsthyia's. That's the bush/tree that was out back when I was little. It's also the one that provided "switches" for my unruly heiny.

Years later, when I moved into my childhood home, the first thing I did was to get back at that tree but whacking it down.

It grew back stronger and more prolific than ever.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Happy Earth Day! I like that picture, very cool. (and I'm totally laughing my butt off at mannequin's comment on the forsythia)

Lynda said...

Happy Earth Day!

Donnetta said...

THAT'S where the switches came from?!! Mannequin is soooooo right!

Happy Earth Day!

Call Me Cate said...

Makes me want to head out to my porch - except the weather isn't quite cooperative today.

Susie said...

Happy Earth Day:-)

Tori_z said...

Happy Earth day, and great post! :)

Marrdy said...

Happy Earth Day. Age has made me change my outlook on all things earth related.

dkzody said...

Thank you for your kind words for Samson. We have him at home and trying to keep him comfortable. He has some medications to take which may or may not help. He seems pretty perky but still wheezes.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin