Friday, April 17, 2009

Fx4: Grammar Nazi

Looks like even Our Humble High School will be facing layoffs for next year. Principal Man thinks about 10-14 staff will either lose their jobs or have to relocate to another school in the district. And I thought teaching was a "recession-proof" job! *sigh*


We English teachers, however, keep our senses of humor, even in the face of the most daunting odds. Here's the grammar rule:


Over-Under
Less-More
But people are always "fewer" in number. No such thing as "less" people!


Wish I could make up a little rhyme, in a Candid Carrie-ish kinda way. Maybe I'll work on that.


Yes, this isn't a photo, but I'm playing along with Candid Carrie & her Friday Foto Finish Fiesta anyway. So there!

12 comments:

Karen said...

The school that I volunteer at, is also facing possible layoffs. :-(

One of the teachers jokingly said, just before we went on Spring break, that my *job* was probably the safest. :-)

LadyStyx said...

And people wonder why I call the comics the "educationals".

American in Norway said...

Cute comic! Poppinp via Carrie's. Have a great weekend!

Jennifer said...

Wow--I didn't know that! I'm glad I do now--I hate making maistakes like that!

Kelly said...

Yuck...like any of us need that kind of stress in this economy. I hope you stay "safe"!!

Lynda said...

Layoffs just suck!

Susie said...

Yeah, I thought education and healthcare were the holy grail of jobs!

Shawn said...

Layoffs are scary....

Have a good weekend---despite.

HappyChyck said...

I love nerdy teacher comics!

Our district is getting hit by layoffs, too. I am not sure how much it will impact our school. Just last we were didn't want for anything. This year it's been tight, and next year it will be miserable. It's just another thing...

Columbia Lily said...

yup....more proof that there are no recession proof jobs. sigh.

Tara R. said...

I have a problem with 'over' instead of 'more than' when referring to numbers. I hope you dodge the layoff bullet.

Z's Mom said...

Ah...you are such a rebel! :)

That sucks! I wish you and your colleagues the best of luck! Hopefully the economy will miraculously turn around.....quickly...super quick....anytime now...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin